Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Program and Social Media Specialist
Program and Social Media Specialist
- Full Time Position - 37.5 Hours per Week
- Benefits Eligible - Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance; Life Insurance; Supplemental Insurance; Retirement Plans; PTO
- Hybrid Remote Work Option
Job Objective: The Program Media Specialist will provide coordination of all internal program and corps spiritual development and mission outreach communication activities in The Salvation Army Kansas & Western Missouri Division. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: internal (Corps, Divisional Events, camps, councils, retreats, etc.) digital/social marketing, brand initiatives, graphic design advertising and collateral materials, support of visual arts and worship production needs (sound and visual arts).
Media Resource & Development
- Develop internal and missional, Program Corps web and social media resources content and design
- Develop and enhance Corps social media and social media best practices
- Assist with Divisional social media, web content and digital marketing efforts
- Support Divisional Events Manager with social media, graphic design and digital marketing on special events
- Develop and manage internal social media announcements, posts, uploading event photos, etc.
- Provide web-based and electronic support for internal DHQ departments and Corps
- Assist in planning, organizing, and providing support for divisional mission outreach events
- Responsible for visual arts for divisional, mission outreach events and special projects
- Coordinate with Director of Public Relations & Integrated Communications resource support to the corps, including media resources, training, etc.
- Provide design assistance to DHQ departments and Corps as needed for printed program materials for mission outreach (posters, flyers, program covers/booklets, etc.)
- High School Diploma
- College experience is encouraged
- Computer software training
- Two or more years in position requiring organizational skills, and management skills
- Demonstrated working successfully with others via telephone or online chat
- Demonstrated Graphic Design experience
- Demonstrated video and audio production experience
- Expertise with various operating systems (Windows & Mac) and software applications (Adobe, Creative cloud, Office Suite, and more)
- Able to supervise/manage volunteers in program tech support
- Basic clerical and administrative duties
- Communicate with various suppliers and providers for program support, procuring materials, coordinating with other TSA departments and headquarters
Physical requirements: include sitting; climbing and/or balancing; stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching, crouching, and/or crawling; standing; walking; manual dexterity and eye/hand coordination; use of vision; driving a vehicle’ pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying 25 pounds; traveling by airplane; both outdoor and indoor navigation of settings, and standing and/or walking up to 12 hours per day. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of this job.
Mental demands: include working under stressful conditions; interacting with others with courtesy and tact; managing and prioritizing multiple projects in an organized and efficient manner to meet tight deadlines; responding to crisis situations in a calm and effective manner; completing projects on schedule; maintaining confidentiality; and maintaining regular and punctual work attendance.
Communication demands: include professionally communicating verbally with co-workers, other departments and program staff, clients, vendors, donors, volunteers, board members, and officers; written communication; talking on the telephone; responding to written or verbal requests; training/giving verbal and written instructions; receiving verbal and written instructions; writing/composing written language; reading; visiting/working at other worksites and non-worksite locations; communication via the latest technologies.
Travel: Occasional travel for program support, training, etc. This positon requires a willingness to respond outside of traditional business hours.
Driving: Must possess a valid driver's license from the state in which you reside. Must be approved through The Salvation Army Fleet Safety Program to drive either a Salvation Army or personal vehicle on Salvation Army business.
Working Conditions: Work is performed in a typical office environment. Full-time position; may require some home based and / or weekend and evening work.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.?
Job Type: Full Time