Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Regional Philanthropy Officer
The American Red Cross is currently seeking a Region Philanthropy Officer to cultivate donors in the Kansas City area. This is a hybrid work position which includes a mix of work from home, in-office and requires frequent travel for face-to-face meetings with donors and other constituents.
You will meet fundraising goals and objectives and connect with our family foundation and individual donors to serve our mission.
- Work with the local fundraising team to develop and execute ongoing regional strategy for qualifying donors to ensure retention, growth of donor contributions, as well as recapture from previous donors. Work collaboratively with other departments and fundraising staff to create customized solicitation strategies matching the objectives of the organization and the interests of the donor/prospect.
- Solicit assigned donor portfolios through face-to-face visits and virtual meetings including preparation of personalized materials.
- Meet personal annual revenue targets by working with an assigned portfolio of donors and prospects.
- Implement a program/activity to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors at the $5,000 level or higher, with an emphasis on maximizing revenue for the American Red Cross.
- Maintain donor records within our database management tool. (Salesforce)
- Assist donors in creating meaning in their lives by giving to the American Red Cross.
Pay Information: This is a salaried full time position and includes the potential for an annual incentive based on the team fundraising goals. The incentive ranges from 3.75%-11.25% of your base salary.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum five years of sales and/or fundraising experience required.
- Proven experience in developing strategies for donor retention, growth, and recapture, and proven success with complex requests is required.
- A current valid driver's license and a good driving record is required.
- Travel: Frequent travel within the Region is required, mainly focused the greater Kansas City area. May attend quarterly meetings in the St. Louis area
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999