Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
SVP of Resource Development
OMNI is honored to be retained by United Way of Greater Kansas City in their search for a Senior Vice President of Resource Development. UWGKC unites donors, volunteers, businesses, nonprofits and community leaders to help change the lives of those in need. The organization has been making Kansas City and the surrounding area better for 100 years and counting.
This role will be responsible for the development and execution of comprehensive long-range strategic and annual business plans focused on revenue generation and donor engagement.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing & Philanthropy Officer, the SVP of Resource Development manages and directs staff teams responsible for Individual Donor Engagement, Donor networks and related cabinet/council positions as required. Responsible for the leadership of volunteer and staff teams to ensure maximization of fundraising and engagement efforts including but not limited to the workplace campaigns, major and leadership gifts, planned/endowment giving, individual donor engagement and donor network engagement, affinity group engagement and strategic partnership engagement. Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintains and enhances current successful initiatives and creates new resource streams and initiatives to adapt to the changing landscape of non-profit management.
- Leads and directs all Resource Development (RD) staff to maintain superior donor relationships and meet measurable revenue goals.
- Responsible for leading the planning, identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of assigned donor groups and prospects.
- Directly supervises assigned individual giving staff by developing and coaching to create a motivated, high performing team to reach the strategic goals of UWGKC.
- Provides professional leadership to volunteer council members responsible for providing guidance and leadership in UWGKC’s revenue generation and donor engagement efforts.
- Cultivates, solicits and stewards current assigned donors and prospects through consistent and measured contact.
- Serves as the liaison for all revenue generation and donor engagement efforts for United Way of Greater Kansas City’s Individual giving and donor network segments.
- Works with other members of the UWGKC team to ensure that goals reflect, align and contribute to the broader goals of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in business, philanthropic studies, public administration, marketing or other related field.
- 10 years' business or nonprofit administrative experience.
- 5 years' demonstrated success supervising and leading a high-performing account management, sales or fundraising team.
- Proven record of success against measurable objectives at previous companies/nonprofits.
- Excellent communication, management and interpersonal skills. Strong relationship building and managerial experience.
- Proven reputation for integrity and professionalism. Strategic thinker with a proven track record of driving results.
- Strong performance management and evaluation capabilities including willingness and experience in ensuring team accountabilities.
- Experience in managing a diverse group of donors and volunteers, projects and workload.
- Master's degree.