Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Vice President of Institutional Advancement
Only applicants with five or more years of progressively responsible experience in fundraising/advancement will be considered.
Include a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Missouri Valley College VP Institutional Advancement in the subject line.
The vice president of institutional advancement is responsible for:
- Setting and attaining fundraising goals through the development of robust constituent relations, including individual, corporate and foundation donor and prospective donor relations.
- Continuing to build a culture of philanthropy, working closely with the President and the members of the President’s Cabinet and trustees.
- Fostering a sense of inclusion and engagement in a diverse and vibrant community that includes our alumni, donors and friends.
- Provides vision and leadership in creating advancement’s strategic direction and managing implementation of plans and programs that advance and enhance fundraising efforts.
- Works closely with the President’s Office in all phases of their advancement and campaign leadership activities.
- Promotes a comprehensive fundraising approach that prioritizes the donor experience, focuses on building donor loyalty, communicates the impact of philanthropy and connects with the college’s vision and mission.
- Creates, implements and evaluates comprehensive fundraising plans that utilize best practices in direct response, major and planned gifts, and grants programs to meet fundraising goals.
- Works closely with the president, trustees, senior leadership and faculty to build and strengthen the Office of Institutional Advancement and serves as a key strategist for Missouri Valley College through service on the President's Cabinet.
- Personally solicits, when appropriate, high net worth prospects, and develops effective strategies to encourage their giving.
- Manages the research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors.
- Enhances leadership giving efforts by introducing a structured approach to identify, research and cultivate prospects, solicit prospects and follow up and appreciate current donors.
- Engages trustees and builds volunteer fundraising leadership to advance fundraising goals and expand, influence and impact Missouri Valley College’s fundraising success.
- Interacts effectively with trustees on a regular basis regarding development and alumni issues; oversees preparation and presentation of materials for the advancement committee and collaborates with that committee’s chair.
- Develops and implements strategies, including on- and off-site strategic fundraising events, to connect alumni and strengthen their commitment to Missouri Valley College to engage them in the vision of the college.
- Represents Missouri Valley College with various audiences, including alumni and friends, volunteer leadership, business leaders, potential major donors,\ and others as identified.
- Oversees the administration of the Institutional Advancement Office, including the hiring and evaluating of staff and mentoring of staff to build an effective and stable team. Leads and develops a highly effective team of staff members.
- Oversees the development and management of the Institutional Advancement Office budget and administrative operations.
- Directs a thoughtful, appropriate donor and prospective donor communications plan that engages diverse audiences with Missouri Valley College.
- Seeks ongoing professional development opportunities to advance personal professional skills and build capacity for the college’s fundraising activities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Successful leadership of development, alumni relations and advancement services, ideally in a higher education setting, including a record of campaign management and cultivating and soliciting major and other transformational gifts from existing and new donors, including corporations and foundations.
- The ability to build a culture of philanthropy in the organization that translates into increased engagement and financial support.
- The ability to assess current programs, projects and staff assignments to create a dynamic, future-oriented institutional advancement operation.
- The willingness to advance the college through strategic, research- and data-driven fundraising approaches and the ability to translate approaches in any economic or social environment.
- The ability to work with, engage and support high-level staff, including the president and others as appropriate, in fundraising efforts; and college and fundraising volunteers, including trustees, campaign leaders and fundraising committee members.
- A propensity toward seeking mutually beneficial partnerships, within campus and without, that advances the Missouri Valley College mission and philanthropic goals.
- Excellent communication skills, transparency, collegiality, integrity and commitment to success that will used to interact effectively with academic leadership, faculty, prospects, donors, alumni and/or volunteers in a wide range of roles.
- High levels of energy, creativity, initiative and innovation.
- An exceptional work ethic and commitment to teamwork.
- Commitment to Missouri Valley College and willingness to live in Marshall or Saline County.
- A Bachelor’s degree, with five or more years of progressively responsible experience in advancement (i.e. advancement services, fundraising, development, alumni relations).
- Master's degree preferred.
- Supervisor experience preferred.
Some tuition reimbursement, free tuition for children living at home
Paid time off
403(b) matching after one year
Long-term disability insurance
Short-term disability insurance
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Professional development assistance
Employee assistance program
Send inquiries or cover letter and resume with Missouri Valley College VP Institutional Advancement in the subject line to email@example.com.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $100,000 and over