Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Volunteer Support Personnel
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
The Volunteer Support personnel is a key member of the Development Team, focusing on recruiting and coordinating all volunteer functions. This is a part-time position reporting to the Director of Development.
Strong communication skills, the talent to engage and build community and employee relationships, and the ability to project your enthusiasm for the Rainbow Center mission are essential.
The ideal candidate should have the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work collaboratively. The ability to maintain confidentiality regarding donor information, consistently displaying integrity with external and internal audiences, and adhering to development and non-profit best practices is imperative.
This position works 20 hours per week with extended hours prior to two major fundraising events. Additionally, the Volunteer Support personnel requires flexibility with weekday hours during occasional (approximately 4-5 per year) Saturday projects.
- Recruit, interview and place applicants for volunteer work.
- Schedule all volunteer interviews and activities needed to meet policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service.
- Build relationships with groups through service and follow up communication that results in return groups.
- Maintain Volunteer Service Descriptions for each volunteer assignment.
- Organize and participate in volunteer recognition programs and special events.
- Evaluate all aspects of volunteer programs to ensure effectiveness and to recommend/implement changes, as appropriate.
- Host and attend recruiting events within the community to attract qualified candidates.
- Publicize volunteer opportunities through online professional associations, corporations, and other related entities.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance for volunteers.
- Confer with volunteers to resolve grievances and promote cooperation and interest.
- Create “Volunteer Spotlight” for the Rainbow Enews.
- Facilitate distribution of information relevant to volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have job-related experience in non-profit or other philanthropic environments.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques related to various volunteers and needs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Office 365.
- The ability to conduct one’s self in a calm and professional demeanor when dealing
- Willingness to adjust hours to accommodate the needs of the job.
Job Type: Part Time
Salary Range: Up to $29,999