Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Academic Resource Specialist
Central Baptist Theological Seminary is seeking a technology support professional to serve as the Academic Resource Specialist on its Student Success Team. The position is critical to student enrollment, assisting seminary personnel, and ensuring specific technology resources are operating smoothly. The seminary's recent commitment to web-based applications for delivering academic programs makes the Academic Resource Specialist a critical member of the Student Success Team.
- Coordinate seminary ticketing system to resolve student and faculty support issues (%50)
- Respond to tickets related to employee or student technical issues
- Ensure all tickets not related to technical issues are routed to the appropriate personnel
- Identify and consult with the Dean’s office to address negative trends in support inquiries
- Resource the community (faculty/staff/students) with appropriate synchronous and asynchronous technical assistance (%30)
- Conduct regular checks, including software updates, of the equipment in technology enhanced rooms
- Fulfill technology training requests from employees and students
- Maintain and update support knowledge base, including text and media aids, to improve use of technology
- Provide account support to students and employees, including account creation, setup, and troubleshooting, for CBTS’s licensed systems
- Inform CBTS community of programs and features that may aid their work
- Conduct an annual technology survey to assess training and resource need
- Serve as primary support liaison with technology support vendors (%5)
- Engage vendors when support is needed related to technology systems
- Track service needs and provide recommendations for technology changes/updates to the Dean’s office
- Serve as a member of the Student Success Team (5%)
- Provide relevant information to the Student Success team related to student technology inquiries/issues
- Coordinate technology improvement initiatives in consultation with the Associate Dean (%10)
- Meet regularly with the Dean’s office to discuss and strategize methods for addressing common technical issues
- Implement plans for alleviating common technical issues
- CBTS is an innovative institution always seeking to evolve in order to address strategic priorities in accomplishment of its mission. It is expected over time that the duties and responsibilities of personnel will evolve as well to meet the strategic needs of the school.
- Korean language ability strongly preferred, in addition to English (the school has a large Korean student population)
- Intermediate knowledge/experience of managing support ticketing systems
- Advanced knowledge/experience troubleshooting computer issues (PC and Mac)
- Intermediate knowledge/experience with MS Office
- Ability to learn web-based management systems quickly (experience with LMS and SSO a plus)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail
- Ability to handle calmly difficult situations and people
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Some experience offering direct technology support (working directly with clients/customers)
Interested applicants must email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Monday, January 26th. Please include at least one reference from a current or former supervisor. In the cover letter, address your qualifications and why you would like to work in a higher education setting.
Central Baptist Theological Seminary was established in 1901 in Kansas City, KS. The seminary moved to its current Shawnee, KS campus in 2006. The school offers one Doctoral program, four Master's programs, a Diploma program and many other learning experiences for persons interested in Christian theology and ministry. The school has a diverse student body spread around the world. It is committed to innovation and global initiatives. More information can be found at www.cbts.edu.
Job Type: Part Time
Salary Range: Up to $29,999