Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
K-State Olathe is seeking applications for an Admissions Counselor. The primary emphasis will be on building relationships from inquiry to current student for graduate and undergraduate programs at Kansas State University Olathe.
The Olathe campus currently enrolls approximately 200 students with the majority being non-traditional working professionals. Courses are delivered both on-campus and online. The Admissions Counselor is responsible for day-to-day recruitment activities to increase enrollment consistent with campus goals. The incumbent will provide ongoing current student support services to ensure the successful completion of degree programs. This position reports to the Director of Student Services.
- Recruit for K-State Olathe for-credit undergraduate and graduate degree programs and effectively support prospective students during the admissions process and throughout their student lifecycle.
- Create and present engaging professional presentations to various prospective student audiences including: industry partners, student groups, and professional organizations.
- Plan and facilitate lead generation events and activities held on campus, off campus, and virtually using Zoom and Teams platforms.
- Collaborate with faculty to develop and execute recruitment and communication plans specific to programs/targeted audiences aligned with each degree program’s enrollment goals.
- Assist in developing new target markets and develop strategies to engage new leads and increase enrollment.
- Manage the communication plan within the Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) including responding to prospective inquiries, creating and scheduling email campaigns, creating events, developing reports, and responding to incoming communications.
- Collaborate with members of the marketing team to develop KSO branded and purposeful recruitment materials.
- Execute best practice relationship building and decision making with student leads, keep accurate records in the CRM, and manage timely follow up.
- Travel on behalf of the university, speaking publicly to individuals and groups on and off campus.
- Maintain relationships with appropriate campus constituents and off campus referral sources and industry professionals.
- M.S in Veterinary Biomedical Science
- Professional Science Masters and certificate programs
- Master of Public Health
- Regulatory Affairs in Animal Health graduate certificate
- Master of Agribusiness
Current Student Services:
- Provide ongoing support services to current students to ensure their successful progress towards degree completion.
- Offer individual orientations to new students and provides campus tours.
- Assist in informing students of relevant resources, information, opportunities and deadlines though email and Canvas.
- Manage proctoring services available to K-State Olathe students.
- Coordinates the Industry Mentor program available to all K-State Olathe students.
- Coordinate the Scholarship Award process in coordination with the scholarship committee. Works with financial aid to distribute the awards each fall and spring and tracks each student’s enrollment and funds.
- Maintain accurate alumni records including contact information and job placements.
- Promote student achievements, awards, presentations, and defense events. Works with marketing director to share the achievements to the appropriate audience.
- Work with the Director of Student Services to plan engagement opportunities and provide services for all K-State Olathe students and graduates.
- Advise students throughout the application process and stay current on the established admission requirements, deadlines, and policies.
- Assist prospective students with navigating policies and procedures related to domestic and international admissions, transfer credit, scholarships and financial aid, and enrollment.
- Manage the Hospitality Management Scholarship Awards.
- Exhibit resourceful problem-solving skills while working with prospective students and other KSU departments in order to find solutions and information to respond to inquiries and applicants.
- Maintain and comply with Kansas State University policies and procedures to ensure effective admissions practices that meet the needs and standards of both new students and the university.
- Serve as an academic advisor to K-State Olathe students in the B.S. in Hospitality Management degree completion program.
- Must complete online CSA training, which is distributed by the Clery Compliance Office when it is received.
- Notifying a Clery reportable crime to the Olathe campus Clery Compliance team leader in a timely manner and submit the information on an online Crime Report form.
- Supporting the individual sharing their experiences in addition to providing them with options and resources.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University’s Olathe campus was launched in April 2011 and is the newest campus in the university’s system. The campus is located in Johnson County and the Greater Kansas City metro area. The campus is a strategic partner of the Johnson County Education and Research Triangle, which was created in 2008 when residents invested in the county's future by voting for a one-eighth cent sales tax. The proceeds from this tax generate more than $20 million a year to fund higher education through a unique partnership among Johnson County, the University of Kansas, and Kansas State University.
K-State Olathe provides a unique work culture that offers a variety of professional development opportunities and a community building committee to organize campus wide activities that have included social gatherings, service opportunities, and team building workshops. Professional development opportunities on campus and in the community that employees regularly participate in, employee tuition assistance for academic programs, on campus lunch and learns, professional development workshops on campus, Leadership Olathe, various regional Chamber activities.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits
This position will be eligible for a hybrid work arrangement at the discretion of the Director of Student Services once required training is complete and the individual has demonstrated the ability to successfully perform assigned duties independently.
Visit this link for K-State’s guidance and policies on remote work and flexible work arrangements. Remote work agreements are required for all flexible work arrangements and are subject to review.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community.
To be Successful You Will Need:
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Preferred Education and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, student affairs, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience
- Master’s degree in student affairs of related field
- A strong knowledge of higher education or background recruiting traditional and non-traditional students
- Prior experience working in higher education using a customer relationship system and developing and delivering professional presentations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Be highly motivated and demonstrate initiative Reliable and accurate in performing everyday tasks Able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to travel and work some evenings and limited weekends as necessary
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
How to Apply:
Applicants must provide a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three current professional references.
Application materials must be submitted online to be considered.
Questions regarding specifics of the position can be directed to Christine Splichal, Director, Communications and Marketing, and search committee chair at firstname.lastname@example.org .
For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Roberta Robinson at email@example.com (913.307.7316).
Anticipated Hiring Range:
$40,000-$51,000 ($19.23-$24.52 per hour)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Job Type: Full Time