Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Classroom Floater at Early Childhood Center
Department: Early Childhood Education Center
Reports to: ECC Director
Reports to: ECC Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Shift: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
Shift: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
Summary: To assist with creating a quality program and a class environment conducive to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with students; to establish good relationships with parents and other staff members; to support the teaching team on the implementation of the curriculum.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with the implementation of lesson plans and daily activities both indoors and outdoors.
- Promote and support children’s social, emotional, and physical development consistent with the philosophy of Early Childhood.
- Support teaching staff in the development and implementation of the GCECC Dual Language Model.
- Work in collaboration with classroom staff.
- Support quality Early Childhood learning environments, with attention to all health, safety, and educational standards.
- Maintain a professional relationship with staff and families.
- Demonstrate flexibility to support individual classroom environments and adapt to the daily needs of the program.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to obtain CDA during employment required
- Strong verbal and written skills in English and Spanish preferred.
- Pass a background and drug screening required.
- TB test is required.
- A physical test is required.
- FBI and MO State fingerprint clearance required.
- Maintain a high degree of professional standards and ethics in all personal and professional interactions with clients, family members, agency staff/volunteers, and the community.
- Understanding of second language acquisition, preferred.
- Knowledge of community diversity and cultural dynamics.
- Ability to work in a non-judgmental way with a diverse range of people, maintaining a respectful and inclusive culture.
This job operates in a early childhood school and professional environment. This role continually uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. Guadalupe Centers serves a diverse population, including children, adolescents, and adults, who may have mental or behavioral health problems. Consequently, all GC staff must demonstrate appropriate daily behavior, appropriate expression of emotions, and appropriate role modeling. Hostility, aggression, unnecessary or inappropriate physical actions and inappropriate emotional expression are not acceptable behaviors for our employees.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and talk or hear. The employee is also frequently required to walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. The employee must occasionally push items of 45 lbs. such as pushing children on a bike or moving/rearranging furniture. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception. The employee is directly responsible for safety, wellbeing, and work output.
This job's specific vision abilities include close vision, such as reading handwritten or typed material and adjusting focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
This job description intends to provide a representative summary of the essential functions required of the position given this title. It should not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular job. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring department. Specific job-related duties assigned by the hiring department shall be consistent with the representative essential functions listed above and shall not be expanded in role or scope.
GUADALUPE CENTERS, INC. conforms to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities' individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999