Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Classroom Support Teacher
Position: Classroom Support Teacher
Reports To: Early Learning and Inclusion Director
Hours: Non-Exempt, Full-time & Part-time
The Classroom Support Teacher is responsible for the general supervision and management of a group of children, and will be supervised, trained and evaluated by the Early Learning Director. The Classroom Support Teacher is responsible for supervising a group of children, assisting the Lead Teacher and Assistant Teacher, and providing a warm and nurturing learning environment in which children can grow physically, emotionally, socially, and intellectually.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain and manage a safe, healthy, developmentally appropriate environment both inside and outside that promotes learning
- Provide constant supervision of children in your care inside the center as well as outside on the playground, and on field trips; Complete the Active Supervision form
- Maintain confidentiality of children and family information. Provide any current information to the Family Advocate as needed
- Assist in preparing and maintaining the center to meet Missouri licensing requirements outlined in the agency’s policies and procedures
- Assist in the completion of daily attendance, meal counts, environments checklists, and parent sign-in books
- Practice family style serving and dining (sit and eat at the table with children)
- Assist in completing all paperwork by the required deadlines
- Acquaint parents with program activities; developmentally appropriate practices; program objectives, determine and communicate needs of each child
- Communicate to supervisor observed safety, physical, and licensing issues immediately
- Report suspected child abuse and neglect as required by state licensing guidelines and United Inner City Services’ Procedures
- All other job related duties
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience working with children age 0-5 years
- Highschool Diploma
- Current Child Development Associate (CDA) credential or Associate’s Degree Preferred
- 6 months of experience in an early childhood classroom Preferred
- Be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Excessive climbing, walking, bending, stretching and sitting on floor with children
- Exposure to childhood illnesses and diseases
- Exposure to varying outside temperatures (heat and cold)
United Inner City Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Job Type: Full Time,Part Time
Salary Range: Up to $29,999