Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Classroom Teacher Positions
Classroom Teacher Positions
Reports To: Early Learning and Inclusion Director
Hours: Non-Exempt – Full-time & Part-time
For over 50 years, United Inner City Services has met the urgent needs of neighborhood families for quality early childhood education. United Inner City Services is recognized as one of the community’s outstanding early childhood development programs. It is one of the only Head Start affiliated, early childhood development provider with regularly scheduled hours and consistent services in the neighborhood and the only N.A.E.Y.C. (National Association for the Education of Young Children) accredited program in the 64127 zip code.
Additionally, we operate three (3) state of the art schools UICS - St .Mark Center at 2008 E.12th Street, UICS - Metro Center at 39th and Troost and our new UICS - North Center at 6600 A Royal St in Pleasant Valley.
Overview of Open Positions:
- Certified Lead Teacher
- The Lead Teacher is responsible for providing a developmentally appropriate educational environment. They are accountable for their classroom management and operation. Major responsibilities include appropriate interactions with children, communication with parents, and collaboration with the Assistant Teacher and Classroom Support Teacher.
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related degree with MO Teacher Certification, Minimum of 18 credit hours in Child Growth and Development, 12 months of experience in an early childhood classroom.
- Infant/Toddler Teacher
- The Teacher is responsible for providing a developmentally appropriate educational environment. They are accountable for their classroom management and operation. Major responsibilities include appropriate interactions with children, communication with parents, and collaboration with the Assistant Teacher and Classroom Support Teacher.
- Qualifications: Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education or related degree, CDA, 12 months of experience in an early childhood classroom.
- Classroom Support Teacher
- The Classroom Support Teacher is responsible for the general supervision and management of a group of children, and will be supervised, trained and evaluated by the Early Learning Director. The Classroom Support Teacher is responsible for supervising a group of children, assisting the Lead Teacher and Assistant Teacher, and providing a warm and nurturing learning environment in which children can grow physically, emotionally, socially, and intellectually.
- Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED, Previous experience working with children age 0-5 years.
- Be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Excessive climbing, walking, bending, stretching and sitting on floor with children
- Exposure to childhood illnesses and diseases
- Exposure to varying outside temperatures (heat and cold)
United Inner City Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Job Type: Full Time,Part Time