Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Coordinator, ELL Program
Please apply at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/839599/Catholic-Charities-of-Northeast-Kansas-INC/Coordinator-ELL-Program
Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings through the establishment and implementation of English as a Second Language classes to eligible refugees and immigrants EEO.
- Develop and utilize selected curriculum for both literate and preliterate adults creating additional material, as needed.
- Recruit, train, and supervise staff supporting the ELL program.
- Instruct 3 levels of English classes Monday through Thursday weekly. Classes are currently 70 minutes long and have between 10-25 adult learners per class but vary with rolling enrollment.
- Administer weekly assessments on Fridays to determine appropriate class levels during enrollment.
- Order and inventory textbooks for all class levels.
- Conduct program services in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Cultivate positive relationships with relevant faith based organizations, social service providers, and other community partners.
- Complete all necessary documentation and reporting to ensure compliance with funding requirements and agency quality assurance standards.
- Train, mentor, and coordinate volunteer ELL teachers on curriculum and classroom management.
- Ensures that the Match Grant in-kind donation and volunteer match is met each year.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field and one-year experience in teaching ELL. Must hold a recognized English language instruction certificate.
- Establish highly effective relationships with clients, community agencies, volunteers, and other staff members.
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form in English and have excellent presentation skills for large and small groups.
- Must have good computer skills in order to administer regular assessments to track client progress and communicate client progress with assigned Employment Specialist and Case Workers through completion of monthly progress reports for each student. Must be able to type and know how to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ensure accuracy and attention to detail in attendance tracking and reporting, required by state funding agency, match grant program and local department of children and families.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment that is very diverse, with a familiarity of refugee populations and able to ensure confidentiality of all clients.
- Must possess a valid Kansas or Missouri Driver’s license, dependable transportation, current vehicle insurance and a verified safe driving record.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing in the classroom, bending and moving
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
- Must have physical ability to effectively communicate with others
- Must have the physical ability and appropriate licensure for driving
Job Type: Full Time