Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Coordinator of Hispanic Development Fund Programs
This position requires strong verbal and written communication in both Spanish and English and be extremely detailed oriented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and administer all aspects of the HDF scholarship program. This includes, but not limited to data entry, promotion of the scholarship to students, parents, educational institutions and all other key stakeholder groups, as well as volunteer management.
- Manage database of HDF Donors and Scholarship recipients and serve as primary contact for all scholarship inquiries.
- Coordinate the annual scholarship event, including venue, conducting committee meetings, generating invitation and sponsor lists, and coordinating and developing mailings.
- Work with HDF staff to implement strategies to build lasting relationships with scholarship alumni with the goal of converting alumni into donors.
- Prepare materials and record minutes for HDF board of advisors and committee meetings.
- Conduct other administrative support as assigned including data entry; prepare mailings; processing check requests; creating board packets; and scheduling key meetings.
- This person must be able to set priorities, handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines with a high degree of urgency, and operate independently and collaboratively in a manner consistent with the mission and philosophy of HDF.
- Other duties as assigned and/or deemed necessary.
- Possess a passion, strong commitment and credibility to the Latino community.
- Excellent verbal and writing proficiency in both English and Spanish.
- Possess exceptional personal and professional skills that encourage collaboration with individuals from diverse cultural, generational and economic backgrounds.
- The ability to communicate bilingual verbal and written messages to HDF’s key stakeholders, while applying the utmost professionalism.
- Ability to write bilingual reports, speeches, manuals, and other correspondence by utilizing Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Ability to effectively deliver bilingual speeches and presentations to all levels of constituency groups, both in a public and private setting, and respond to any questions.
- Possess an intellectual curiosity that leads to strengthening and improving HDF processes.
- Ability to plan, execute and have a passion for conducting professional events.
- Must be able to regularly complete tasks at a computer terminal while sitting for long periods of time. Required to communicate and interpret detailed information orally. May exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects.
- This position requires the ability to meet outside of the office and qualified candidates should have reliable transportation with a good driving record and automobile insurance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Preferred candidates will have experience in higher education, with an emphasis on those with professional knowledge of the post-secondary admissions process.
To be considered, qualified candidates should apply via the website: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/220036/Greater-Kansas-City-Community-Foundation/Coordinator-of-Hispanic-Development-Fund-Programs
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999