Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Director of Advanced Manufacturing Research and Training.
Kansas State University Olathe invites applications for the position of Director of Advanced Manufacturing Research and Training.
Advanced Manufacturing is a new initiative at Kansas State University Olathe designed to serve the growing manufacturing industry in the Greater Kansas City Region and nationally. New facilities are being built for student labs, and research of advanced manufacturing and bulk solid handling.
The Advanced Manufacturing Research and Training Director will report to the Associate Dean, working closely with the Executive Director of Strategic Initiatives, the professional development manager and specialist, faculty, and others on campus to develop and implement programs.
The Director will be responsible for the overall leadership and management of the advanced manufacturing research and training programs. The position will develop industry relationships to build partnerships for research and training. This role will develop and manage an applied research program to solve industry problems and implement training programs to meet workforce needs.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Development of an overall strategic plan and management strategy for the Center to execute the plans to achieve goals.
- Leadership in the engagement of advanced manufacturing companies, trade associations and networks within the state and nationally with the purpose of generating activities aligned with the center’s overall goals. Build strategic partnership and be engaged in the industry.
- Build a research program that is based on industry needs to solve problems and advance the manufacturing industry.
- Generation of sufficient revenue through grants/contracts, workshops, and other activities to support growth and expansion of activities relative to the center’s vision.
- Lead the center’s pursuit and execution of industry sponsored research and consultation, including project objectives, scope, and budget.
- Engagement in collaborative activities with existing faculty, facilities and centers at Kansas State University, the state of Kansas and the Kansas City region.
- Management of professional staff members and activities affiliated with the center.
- Manage the center’s budget to ensure long-term financial success and sustainability.
- Lead the development and delivery of industry short courses, trainings, and programs.
- Be responsible for the Lab’s safety and compliance with regulations and procedures.
- Promote the center’s capabilities and expertise by writing blogs, publishing in industry journals, speaking engagements, webinars, trade association involvement and attending/speaking at conferences.
- Work with university personnel to maximize effectiveness of the center’s website, social media marketing, newsletter, and other marketing efforts.
- Understand and follow university policies and procedures.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University has set a visionary goal to be recognized as a Top 50 Public Research University by 2025. In support of this goal, the Olathe campus was launched in April 2011 and is the third and newest campus of Kansas State University. Olathe is located in Johnson County and the Kansas City metro area. The campus embodies a unique vision jointly developed with regional community, government, industry, and university stakeholders for higher education partnership in an urban, innovative, industry centric and knowledge-based environment. The campus is a strategic partner of the Johnson County Education and Research Triangle. The Kansas City metro area has a diversity of industries ranging from trade, transportation, utilities, professional and business services, health, and education.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community.
This position is eligible for hybrid worksite. Work is performed partially remote and partially on employer premises or designated assignment location.
Visit this link for K-State’s guidance and policies on remote work and flexible work arrangements. Remote work agreements are required for all flexible work arrangements and are subject to review.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field; Engineering is preferred.
- Proven knowledge of basic gas laws, material properties, chemistry, and physics.
- Must have practical and application experience with advanced manufacturing and a variety of bulk solid handling technologies. Knowledge of industrial and university research and lab safety practices.
- Demonstrated written communication skills, and ability to build partnerships.
- Evidence of management capabilities: Understanding of financial statements. Able to develop and maintain budgets. Able to manage and develop personnel.
- Experience with software programs as required to fulfill the requirements of the job.
- Demonstrated ability to teach on topics related to bulk solids material handling, gravity flow of solids, particulate air filtration, and/or pneumatic conveying technologies.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
How to Apply:
All correspondence will be considered in confidence, and inquiries are encouraged.
Interested candidates should submit:
- Detailed cover letter that includes specific information relevant to the applicant’s ability to meet the qualifications
- Contact information for three professional references (title, mailing address, phone, and email).
Questions regarding the recruiting process should be sent to Roberta Robinson, HR Manager at email@example.com or call (913)307-7316.
Questions regarding the specifics of the position can be directed to Debbie Kirchhoff, Executive Director of Strategic Initiatives and Search Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Pay Range:
$108,000 - $120,000
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $100,000 and over