Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Director of Learning
The Director of Learning oversees the course production and facilitation of educational training for nonprofit professionals at all career levels. Resources are established for in-person and virtual training as well as online.
Salary Range: $50,000 - 60,000
Responsibilities (Include, but are not limited to, the following.)
- Create and refine educational program content with a primary focus on advancing knowledge for various roles of nonprofit professionals.
- Design and facilitate educational programs for personal growth conducted through in-person and virtual training.
- Develop an online comprehensive library of on-demand content to include toolkits, workbooks, templates, and resource samples to complement key training areas.
- Identify and negotiate contractions with thought-leading speakers who deliver messages that shift the learner’s knowledge and increase confidence.
- Establish promotional communication for each program with compelling descriptions to attract learners.
- Integrate and monitor all educational components into the organization database.
- Plan and coordinate the logistical structure needed to create a positive learning experience such as location, tools, and catering.
- Forecast and prepare strategically for growth of learning including revenue generation, goal setting, and budgeting that leads to continued growth and program sustainability.
- EXPERIENCE: An experienced nonprofit professional with demonstrated knowledge and work experience, involving adult learning techniques of balancing instruction and engagement.
- PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT: Experience in implementation design and project management. Comfortable with innovation and building of educational programs and workbook tools from the initial stages.
- MULTI-TASKER: Well organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize tasks accordingly, and be deadline-oriented to produce on all deliverables.
- COMMUNICATOR: Candidates should have strong communication skills in writing and/or editing technical documents for non-technical audiences.
- EARLY START: Responsible early riser to be prompt and prepared for morning programs.
- INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Extraordinary interpersonal skills (requires diplomacy, tact, and a clear, courteous, and professional manner when dealing with the public).
- SELF-STARTER: A doer who takes the initiative and has strong follow-through skills, proficient organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- VIRTUAL - Comfortable on camera, utilizing online, web-based platforms such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, YouTube, etc.
- EVENT PLANNER- Experience in establishing logistics needed to create a positive learning experience.
- TEAM - Ability to work cooperatively with staff and volunteers in a fast-paced team environment.
- TRANSPORTATION - Able to travel independently throughout the community to and from programs.
- TRAINER - Experience as a trainer or leader in a nonprofit organization preferred
Nonprofit Connect links the nonprofit community to education, resources, and networking so organizations can more effectively achieve their missions. Our organization continues to grow to meet the increasing needs of the nonprofit sector, and we are excited to expand and develop our Learning content and strategy.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. In addition, percentages allocated to job functions are subject to change at the supervisor’s discretion.
This position will receive full benefits, including 100% employer-paid health, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance, as well as paid holidays and a generous PTO policy.
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 25.
Job Type: Full Time