Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Director of Teaching Internship - Train high schoolers to become teachers, while they tutor!
Director of Learning Club Teaching Internship Job Description
The Learning Club seeks a Director for the Learning Club Teaching Internship who is passionate about serving at-risk children from Kindergarten through high school, skilled with managing a large group of children and interns, and creative in finding ways to better assist children with academic, social, and behavioral challenges. This professional will organize, coordinate, and lead about 80 high school interns at four Learning Club sites (about 20 per site) to tutor younger students after school. The Director will be responsible for hiring interns, training and supervising the interns, maintaining records, working with partners at the schools and in the community, and coordinating the logistics of transportation. An Assistant Director and Support Staff Member will work with the Director to provide support.
- Experience in classroom with high school and/or elementary school students
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in education or similar field
- Ability to work four evenings (Mon - Thurs) per week during the academic year
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing with students of various ages, parents, families, school administrators, and volunteers from the community
- Openness to working in an office where faith is occasionally discussed openly
Specific duties include:
- Facilitating a training program for the interns each week related to education or leadership
- Supervising the interns as well as the younger students who they will be tutoring at each site (Each of the four intern groups will tutor one day per week, Mon-Thurs)
- Coordinating relationships with the public high schools in KCK, recruiting interns from each school, and communicating with school liaisons as needed
- Maintaining intern records and paperwork
- Supervising the Assistant Director of Learning Club Internship and a Support Staff Member, delegating tasks to them as needed
- Helping the Learning Club program evolve over time as we seek better ways to fulfill our mission and serve the most marginalized children
- Connecting with community partners to provide information and opportunities for students
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director or Director of Operations
Hours/Schedule: ~40 hours/week; Mon, Tues and Thurs until ~6:00pm, Weds until 5:00pm, Fridays flexible. Full time employment is scheduled for late July through late May, with a possibility of part-time summer employment.
Location: Office at Blessed Sacrament site, 2203 Parallel Ave., Kansas City, KS. After-school programs are at four locations in the urban core of KCK.
Compensation: Competitive with similar professional level jobs in the field of education; ~$46,000-52,000 per year salary, plus benefits.
Start Date: July 2020.
Inquiries and résumés may be directed to Laura Swan, Director of Operations.
(734) 308-9399, LSwan@LearningClubKCK.org, Learning Club, 2203 Parallel Ave. Kansas City, KS 66104
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999,$50,000 - 74,999