Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Early Childhood Center Lead Teacher
This position’s purpose is to create a nurturing, safe classroom environment that is favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with students; to motivate students to develop skills, attitudes, and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for kindergarten readiness in accordance to each student’s ability; and to establish good relationships with parents and other staff members. In addition, this position contributes as part of the teaching team, planning and implementing curriculum.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement the approved and researched based Creative Curriculum with fidelity.
- Develops weekly lesson plans based on the Creative Curriculum.
- Variety of learning opportunities through child-initiated and teacher-directed instruction in all domain areas.
- Experiences that allow children to make choices and address their individual needs.
- Have mobility required to ensure the safety of children.
- Maintains GOLD Assessment reliability.
- Puts daily observations in the GOLD Assessment.
- Completes focused portfolios.
- Conducts a minimum of two (2) parent and teacher conferences on children annually.
- Interacts with children providing positive role models and guidance on their level.
- Administers the ASQ-3 and ASQ- SE within 30 days of enrollment.
- Completes paperwork as assigned.
- Maintains a classroom inventory.
- Follows mandated reporting requirements.
- Participates in training and attends meetings.
- Implements family-style eating during meals.
- Implements Conscious Discipline Curriculum with fidelity.
- Maintains safe transition procedures
- Provide functional guidance to volunteers assigned to the classroom
- Sanitize all surfaces, supplies daily
- Maintain an appropriate room arrangement in compliance with curriculum standards
- Check equipment and materials to ensure good repair
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a BA, BS or AA Child Development or Early Childhood Education from an accredited college
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with young children.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail orientated.
- Proficiency on the computer.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job requires that the employee be able to: sit, stand, walk, speak, hear, use hands, fingers, reach with hands and fingers; bend, stoop, lift objects of at least twenty-five pounds, and kneel on the floor to perform medical procedures. Must be able to walk a minimum of two flights of stairs.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999