Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Educator-in-Residence – Registrar, Real World Learning
The Registrar reports to the Chief Student Officer and works collaboratively with the Skilled KC Technical Institute (Skilled KC) student support and instructional staff, in a variety of activities related to the development, launch and scaling of Skilled KC Technical Institute. This role is responsible for managing the operation of enrollment management, including development and implementation of policies and procedures pertaining to enrollment and student records via the Student Information System (SIS), and maintaining compliance with established policies and regulations, and course scheduling. A high degree of integrity, confidentiality, and attention to detail is required in the maintenance of student records.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Assure integrity and accuracy in the maintenance of student records and release of data information requests.
- Implement and uphold all curricular policies and communicate processes and changes to appropriate administration and staff.
- Working with the CAO and the instructional team, coordinate registration, program schedules, academic calendar (Chair Academic & Calendar Committee) transfer credit, grading, transcript and course catalog history.
- Receives and processes program schedule section information, including section changes, additions, and cancellations; works closely with academic support staff and administrators to resolve and/or inform of potential conflicts/issues; reviews program information in student information system to ensure accuracy and uniformity; oversees schedule building in student information system.
- Maintain, update, and manage drop and withdraw processes.
- Serve as subject matter expert in the areas of registration, scheduling and updating student records in the student information system.
- Oversee the issuing of official transcripts according to established institutional policies and procedures.
- Provide oversight of transcript evaluation for transfer students and provide evaluation of military and other forms of prior learning.
- Supervise the graduation process including acceptance of graduation applications, the evaluation of records and final clearance of students eligible for graduation.
- Oversees and ensures confidentiality of student records and college information, and ensures compliance with the Family Educational Rights to Privacy Act (FERPA).
- In coordination with the CAO and instructional team, monitor and track instructional attendance rosters and grade submissions.
- Supervise the compilation of the institutional catalog.
- Collaborate with Administrators, instructional staff, IT, Financial Aid, Treasurer, Admission, Advising, Testing, and Placement Services to facilitate and improve services to students.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Required: Bachelor’s degree in business, education, or related discipline from an accredited institution.
Work Experience: Must have a minimum of three to five years of experience in a higher education setting preferred, preferably in enrollment or student services. Must possess knowledge of student information systems.
Travel: May require occasional business travel regionally.
Qualified incumbents for this position must be highly motivated, capable of self-direction, detail-oriented and able to work collaboratively in a teamwork capacity. He/she must exhibit a keen sense of responsibility and enjoy working with multiple demands, shifting priorities and constant change. A successful incumbent will also possess:
- Progressive leadership experience desired in a higher education setting (community or technical college preferred)
- Must possess a working knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws pertaining to a higher education institution
- Strong working experience with budgeting, financial modeling and oversight, resource development and management, and strategic planning
- Personal integrity to effectively deal with confidential information
- Strong working compliance experience with the Family Educational Rights to Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Working knowledge and experience with student enrollment procedures and policies
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Proven effective executive presence, leadership, management, and supervisory skills
Job Type: Full Time