Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Position: Family Advocate
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Reports To: Director of Family & Community Engagement
The role of the Family Advocate is to develop partnerships that provide support and empowerment with families of the community. An essential role of the Family Advocate is to identify needs and locate supportive services necessary for the attainment of self-sufficiency. The Family Advocate is responsible for the recruitment, enrollment, and retention of all children.
Ability to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels. Sensitivity to the needs, abilities, beliefs, and attitudes of individuals within and outside the Agency, including but not limited to customers and co-workers. Knowledge of Head Start Performance Standards and Head Start Policies and Procedures. Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries. Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and maintain access to a licensed/insured vehicle. Fluent in Spanish and English, written and verbal preferred. Working knowledge of ChildPlus, ability to multitask.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit families into the program
- Complete enrollment applications accurately
- Complete family needs assessment and goals at the time of application and develop an action plan or referrals, as necessary
- Must possess knowledge of Head Start Performance Standards and ChildPlus
- Maintain waiting list for potential participants in ChildPlus
- Explain program services and procedures
- Schedule health screenings with community partners
- Documents information obtained through family contacts, disabilities service and health screenings as required in ChildPlus
- Track health needs to ensure they are done in compliance with state regulations
- Assist ERSEA assistant as needed for all activities, including applications, eligibility, recruitment, selection, enrollment and attendance
- Enter all data from enrollment application
- Acts as a liaison and advocate for families to assure providers and agencies are user friendly
- Enter daily attendance
- Enter all health information obtained from parent(s) in ChildPlus and provide information to MARC health team
- Update applications for re-enrollment each program year
- Maintain up to date child master files and ChildPlus data entry on all assigned children
- Prepare reports for attendance, PIR, In-Kind, and all monthly activities
- Schedule parent involvement activities
- Make referrals to community resources
- Respond to parent complaints and suggestions
- Assist with workshops and Parent Committee meetings
- Counsels with parents concerning family needs and help develop action plans with established goals
- Assist families with the Family Needs Assessment and the Family Partnership Agreement
- Schedule and conduct home visits to identify the needs of families
- Performs all other related duties, as assigned as well as maintain a flexible schedule that frequently involves evening and weekend activities.
- Fluent in Spanish and English, verbal and written preferred
- Adhere to Missouri Child care Licensing Regulations
- Assist with Parent Engagement and Education
- Establish and maintain positive, professional relationships and parents, always treating them with respect and privacy
- Maintain confidentiality at all times, within and outside of the program
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Health Sciences, Child Development, Family Studies, or a related field is required.
- Experience working in a licensed early childhood center.
- Ability to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
- Sensitivity to the needs, abilities, beliefs, and attitudes of individuals within and outside the Agency, including but not limited to customers and co-workers.
- Knowledge of Head Start Performance Standards and Head Start Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and maintain access to a licensed/insured vehicle.
- Fluent in Spanish and English, written and verbal preferred.
- Working knowledge of ChildPlus
- Ability to multitask.
- Be able to lift up to 45 pounds
- Excessive climbing, walking, bending, stretching and sitting on floor with children
- Exposure to childhood illnesses and diseases
- Exposure to varying outside temperatures (heat and cold)
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999