Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Family Support Advocate
Position Summary: The Center Based Early Head Start Family Support Advocate provides intensive family support services to families enrolled in Early Head Start center-based programming. The Family Support Advocate educates families in the areas of parenting, child development, health, nutrition, self-sufficiency, and family relationships by using outcome-based interventions and working as part of a multi-disciplinary team that includes classroom teachers and health care personnel. The Family Support Advocate teaches problem-solving skills and assists families in accessing community resources and existing service delivery systems. The Family Support Advocate will have the responsibility for 35-40 children and their families.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Child and Family Development, Social Work or closely related area.
- Successful experience teaching child development and parenting skills to adults.
- Efficient experience delivering family support services.
- Ability to assess individual and family dynamics.
- Ability to identify and respond to the social, economic and cultural experiences of Project EAGLE participants.
- Ability to assist individuals with enhancing problem-solving skills and in accessing community resources.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive communication and working relationships with families, co-workers and community members in order to develop and maintain quality client-centered services.
- Willingness to deliver year-round home-based services on a flexible schedule to meet the needs of families.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Desire for continuous professional development.
- Valid driver’s license and access to personal car on a daily basis.
- Ability to work some evenings.
- Master’s degree or graduate level course work in any of the required discipline areas. * Experience working with children ages birth to three.
- Two or more years of successful experience using a strengths-based family support approach teaching and/or delivering services in the following areas: prenatal education, early childhood education, and parenting education.
- Knowledge of Part B/Part C Services.
- Knowledge and skills in completing comprehensive assessments covering all areas affecting family functioning.
- Experience writing family goals or Individualized Family Partnership Agreements.
- Knowledge of resources in Wyandotte County.
KU Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
To learn more and apply online, please visit http://jobs.kumc.edu/postings/25783 or go to https://jobs.kumc.edu/ and search for position number J0030310.
*Applications must be submitted directly through the KU Medical Center website to be considered for this position. Any applications submitted via email or this website will NOT be reviewed or considered.
About KU Medical Center:
The University of Kansas Medical Center’s mission is to educate exceptional health care professionals through a full range of undergraduate, graduate, professional, postdoctoral and continuing education programs in the schools of Medicine, Nursing and Health Professions. KU Medical Center also advances the health sciences through world-class research programs; provides compassionate and state-of-the-art patient care in an academic medical center environment; and works with communities in every Kansas county to improve the health of Kansans. Learn more at www.kumc.edu.
KU Medical Center proudly offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package through the state of Kansas, with flexible options designed to meet the diverse needs of our faculty and staff. To learn more about our options for medical, vision, dental and other insurances, as well as our generous time off policies and retirement options, please visit http://www.kumc.edu/human-resources/benefitsrewards.html.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999