Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Position: Lead Teacher
Classification: Full-time, Non-exempt
Reports To: Early Learning and Inclusion Director
The Lead Teacher is responsible for providing a developmentally appropriate educational environment. They are accountable for their classroom management and operation. Major responsibilities include appropriate interactions with children, communication with parents, and collaboration with the Assistant Teacher and Classroom Support Teacher.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Follow the Creative Curriculum and developmentally appropriate practices
- Maintain a safe, healthy, attractive, learning environment both inside and outside
- Maintain confidentiality of children and family information. Provide any current information to the Family Advocate as needed
- Assist in preparing and maintaining the center for licensing requirements
- Develop and implement weekly lesson plans in conjunction with the Teacher Assistant
- Plan for children’s individual interest and needs in conjunction with the Teacher Assistant
- Maintain accurate CACFP attendance and meal records
- Practice family style serving (eat meals with the children) daily
- Responsible for observing and making anecdotal notes on all children for their portfolio
- Complete developmental screenings (ASQ) and any other screenings within the first 30-45 days of a child entering the classroom
- Complete Assessments for each child three times per school year
- Conduct all required parent/teacher conference and home visits
- Report pertinent behavior to the Early Learning Director immediately
- All other job related duties
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related degree
- MO DESE Teacher Certification in Early Childhood Education (For Certified Teachers)
- Minimum of 30 credit hours in Child Growth and Development (For Certified Teachers)
- Minimum of 18 credit hours in Child Growth and Development
- 12 months of experience in an early childhood classroom
- Be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Excessive climbing, walking, bending, stretching and sitting on floor with children
- Exposure to childhood illnesses and diseases
United Inner City Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999