Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Manager of Learning
|Job Title:||Manager of Learning|
|Reports To:||Director of Learning|
|Status:||Exempt, Full-Time, Regular|
|Works With:||Director of Learning, Other Departmental and Artistic Staff|
Job Summary: The Manager of Learning assists the Director of Learning in designing, implementing, and evaluating Lyric Opera’s programs of education and community engagement.
Accomplish the Objectives of Lyric Opera of Kansas City and Learning Department:
- Understand and communicate the objectives of the Learning Department to community stakeholders
- Support LOKC’s mission: “To make Lyric Opera of Kansas City indispensable to the public through transformational opera experiences and broad service which captures the hearts and minds of our diverse communities”
- Create a culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance
- Maintain and present a positive attitude with educators, students, the community, donors, and staff
- Promote societal artistic literacy in Kansas City
- Designing, implementing, and evaluating programs of education and community engagement in coordination with Learning Department staff
- Manage education programs, including serving as the primary liaison and scheduling agent between Lyric Opera and community partners
- Deliver programs in community spaces including schools
- Develop curricular resources
- Represent Lyric Opera in the community and at company events
- Extraordinary vision and creativity in conceptualizing programs of education and community engagement
- Ability to create, inspire, and maintain relationships amongst colleagues and community stakeholders
- Commitment to working well with a diverse constituency including students, educators, parents, and adults
- Responsiveness to issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Ability to collaborate with staff, professional colleagues, and supporters
- Skilled in public speaking and engaging a diverse constituency
- Excellent oral/written/interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point) and other music education-adjacent software
Work Environment: This position operates from a variety of locations including Lyric Opera Administration and Production facilities and community spaces. This position vacillates between work of a sedentary nature (such as sitting at a desk, using office equipment) and work of high activity (such as delivering programming in the community, driving a van, lifting scenery). Program delivery may necessitate traveling and overnight lodging.
Physical Demands: The ability to lift files, scenery, and other production/event property is required. This position assists with the loading and unloading of scenery from a van and the configuration of said scenery.
Hours of Work: This is a full-time, salaried position. Regular office hours are Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm. The Learning department regularly operates outside of this schedule to accommodate morning, evening, weekend, and holiday activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education or related field
- 2-3 years of classroom teaching experience (PK-12) in arts/music education
- Knowledge of opera
- Demonstrated project management proficiency
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999