Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Middle School ELA/SS Teacher
We are seeking a dynamic and innovative educator to join our team as a 6th and 7th grade ELA/SS teacher. The ideal candidate will have a passion for teaching middle school students and a deep understanding of the ELA and Social Studies curriculum.
- Create and implement lesson plans that align with research-based standards for ELA and Social Studies.
- Design and administer assessments to monitor student progress and adjust instruction as needed.
- Provide feedback and support to students to help them reach their academic goals.
- Foster a positive and inclusive classroom environment that supports the diverse learning needs of all students.
- Collaborate with other teachers and staff to develop and implement school-wide initiatives.
- Communicate regularly with parents and guardians to keep them informed of their child's progress and any concerns.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to stay up-to-date with best practices in ELA and Social Studies Education
- Bachelor's degree in Education or related field (Master's degree preferred)
- Valid teaching certification in ELA and Social Studies
- Familiarity with educational standards for ELA and Social Studies
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with other teachers and staff
- Commitment to creating an inclusive and supportive learning environment for all students.
Job Type: Full Time