Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Middle School Leader
Colonial Presbyterian Church is seeking an energetic person to step into the role of
Middle School Leader at our Overland Park campus. This position calls for an individual that has a natural ability to build relationships with middle school students while pointing them to an active faith in Christ.
If this is you, please send your resume along with a cover letter as soon as possible, because we are interested in meeting you!
Responsible for teaching and discipling middle school students, empowering volunteers, and assisting in the implementation of a strategic ministry plan for Colonial Student Ministries.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for creating, cultivating, and sustaining personal relationships with middle school students with the goal of introducing them to Jesus Christ and making disciples.
- Attend sport, academic, and social events at local schools.
- Facilitate, oversee, and own Friday night programs.
- Responsible for developing positive relationships with families, Parent Team, and other adults involved in the Student Ministry.
- Responsible for helping to recruit, train, and supervise volunteers alongside the Student Ministries Director
- Must seek to maintain a good working relationship with the other members of the youth staff and be a part of a team atmosphere.
- Sunday morning program: The Middle School Leader must own junior high programming including teaching, volunteer management, and engaging with students.
- Midweek Program: The Middle School Leader must be present and actively engaged with students at mid-week gatherings and setting small group leaders up for success.
- Assisting the Student Ministries Director and youth staff in the leading of the Summer Staff Internship program
- Must have a solid understanding of basic biblical principles and be comfortable in sharing those principals and the gospel message with students – both in a group and one-on-one environments.
- Must possess and be able to demonstrate leadership, organizational and administrative (time management) skill that will allow for a successful ministry.
- A valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- The ability to work collaboratively with other staff and other ministry teams within Colonial and the community.
- Preferred, but not required experience leading worship teams to assist in Sunday Morning programming and other functions where needed.
- Must be flexible in working hours with the ability to participate or lead activities during evenings, weekends, and holidays. Occasional overnight travel is required.
- National sex offender background check and driving background check will be completed.
Job Type: Full Time