Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Part-Time AEL Certified Test Proctor
Literacy KC’s mission is to advance literacy among Kansas City area adults through direct service, advocacy and collaboration. Our vision is "literacy for all." Literacy KC offers adults and their families a welcoming community to develop and enhance literacy skills and quality of life.
Literacy KC is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our shared potential success, as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that one can bring in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
We take a community literacy approach to teaching adult students. Through an innovative social learning model, lead instructors are supported by a team of tutors in each dynamic classroom setting offered in partner locations throughout the metro area. This part-time position will require some night and weekend work.
The AEL Test Proctor will provide a welcoming and inclusive environment for new students. They will lead the orientation and enrollment process and conduct standardized testing for all adult education class sites and meet all DESE requirements for reporting AEL data in the student information system.
- Conduct AEL student orientation and testing sessions at various Literacy KC locations
- Maintain student records
- Conduct post-testing throughout Literacy KC locations
- Ensure DESE compliance for record keeping and data entry
- Ensure data integrity and provide support for outside agency grant reporting requirements
- Responsible for student assessment data entry and their accuracy
- Responsible for the entry of all student orientation hours in LACES
- Substitute for AEL teachers when needed
- Support Office Coordinator and program staff by answering phones, welcoming and assisting visitors, students and tutors when needed at various Literacy KC locations
- Work closely with the Director of Systems & Operations to collaboratively create solutions for program improvements
- Support program staff in smooth operation of Literacy KC’s programs, processes, and events including but not limited to HSE Graduation, ESL celebrations, fundraisers, etc.
- Produce and retain early post-testing documentation
- Create and promote a positive work environment through teamwork mentality and creative problem solving
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a (4) year degree
- Must be AEL teacher certified OR Sub Certification through DESE
- Must be certified by DESE to enter LACES data and maintain DESE certification
- Must attend 20 hours of DESE approved Professional Development each year
- Must be CASAS certified to administer and order standardized tests
- Must be TABE CLAS E certified to administer ESL standardized tests
- Must be TABE 11/12 certified to administer HSE standardized tests
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in computer skills and willingness to learn and adapt with technology
- Demonstrated time management and efficiency skills; proven dependability
- Empathy and cultural competence
- Experience working with people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures
- Self-motivated and willing to work independently
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite and Google Drive
- Ability to grasp new concepts and learn new programs quickly
- Commitment to the mission of Literacy KC
- Must be available to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Must have reliable transportation
Job Type: Part Time