Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
The Pre- K Teacher will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a trauma informed classroom environment that utilizes space, materials, routines, and guidance techniques to effectively facilitate physical, emotional, intellectual, and social development of the children.
The Pre-K Teacher will report to and work closely with the Children’s Program Supervisor, while also collaborating with Children’s Program Staff to develop and implement curriculum and programming that fosters a successful environment for the children. Must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in a collaborative workplace.
Develop and implement a developmentally appropriate preschool program for young children
· Plan and implement activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children in the program
· Provide various experiences and activities for children including songs, games and storytelling
· Provide weekly and monthly schedules and lesson plans of activities
· Develop culturally appropriate programs and activities
Supervision and responsibilities for children
· Ensure children are supervised at all times
· Build children’s esteem and comfort them
· Establish routines and provide positive guidance
· Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable
· Implement positive discipline when required
· Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand
· Observe children and make note of progress
· Integrate special needs children in a positive and respectful manner
Develop positive relationships and communicate effectively with parents
· Discuss children’s development with parents
· Complete daily reports to communicate child’s progress
· Attend professional development/trainings as required by supervisor
· Perform housekeeping tasks including, but not limited to, washing laundry, dishes, sweeping, sanitizing, etc.
Job Type: Full Time