Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Preschool - Assistant Director
Ward Parkway Preschool is seeking a part-time Assistant Director (AD) to assist and support the Director with the overall preschool management; the continued development of a high quality preschool program according to National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and state accreditation standards; and establishing professional, positive relationships with parents, children, colleagues, preschool board and church community. The AD will work with the current Director and the Preschool Board to fulfill the mission of the church to serve our community through a Christian Preschool; nurture a Christian Preschool learning environment; foster a positive work environment; and provide exemplary care to the families that we serve. The AD will assist the Director in the operational aspects of the preschool including achieving financial targets and marketing the program to the wider community. Cover letter and resume should be sent to: email@example.com by October 29, 2020.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Able to conduct oneself as a servant of God and teacher of God's children, in a loving, patient, understanding and positive way in all relationships with children, parents and other staff members
- Assist Director in teaching staff to effectively accomplish preschool targets, objectives, and goals and overseeing curriculum planning, staff performance and monthly activities.
- Participate in and assist in planning staff meetings, in-service training and other extracurricular activities.
- Communicate effectively with staff, parents, preschool board, church personnel and community.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ages and stages of development. Guide teachers in understanding and implementing a curriculum that supports the child's spiritual, physical, emotional, cognitive and social development.
- Conduct regular observations of classroom teaching teams and collaborate with teams and Director to develop action plans as needed
- Assist Director in conducting financial analysis of preschool, including budgeting and planning for ensuing years
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with state licensing authorities, community contacts and church personnel
- Partner with Director and Preschool Board to create and implement plans and strategies that result in increased enrollment and viability of the preschool.
- Under the guidance of the Director, ensures preschool compliance with all federal, state and local laws as well as preschool policies and procedures.
- Able to step into classroom role to assist and cover for teachers as needed; assist Director in finding appropriate substitute teachers as needed
- Assist and support Director with monitoring the maintenance of facility, equipment and supplies to ensure they are safe and in good repair.
- Able to open or close preschool as needed.
- Degree in elementary education, early childhood or a related field including 120 college semester hours, 24 of which must be in early childhood, youth development or child/family related courses
- Demonstrate flexibility and openness to new ideas in child development practices and under the director's guidance develop implementation plans.
- Superb communications skills -- oral and written.
- Applicant will demonstrate a high level of computer proficiency including but not limited to Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, and Powerpoint)
- Proficient with use of email to communicate with staff, families and church community.
- Applicant must be comfortable with the use of social media and web pages in communication and marketing and physically able to use a personal computer.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
- Both indoor and outdoor environment are utilized in our preschool facility. Depending upon activities and season, may be required to be outdoors for regular, prolonged activities.
- Experience in management of employees is a plus.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Must be willing to obtain CPR and First Aid certification within the first 3 months of employment.
- Must be willing to be trained to use of AED.
Job Type: Part Time