Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Part-time Program Manager wanted for the School of Economics at UMB in Kansas City, MO. The School of Economics is a non-profit organization, focusing on elementary aged students. The mission is to provide high quality, reality-based educational experiences that prepare children to understand and apply basic marketplace concepts and skills and expose them to business-related careers.
The Program Manager will report to the Executive Director of School of Economics (SOE) and is responsible for planning and managing student field trip activities, new school recruitment and data at our UMB location in downtown Kansas City. The Program Manager will work with the Executive Director, Development Director, Blue Springs Program Manager, and our entire team to determine program needs, curriculum, promotions, and school scheduling. They will be the primary contact and build relationships between SOE and attending schools and their staff.
• Lead on recruitment of new schools for our Kansas City location
• Participate in Management Team calls, activities, trainings, and decision-making processes
• Collect and record Kansas City programmatic data into Salesforce
• Invoice program schools for payment
• Plan and execute Mini-town program for third graders
• Schedule SOE staff for Kansas City location and help coordinate staffing for Blue Springs, when needed
• Lead on managing the UMB cleaning and maintenance relationship
• Maintain staff and program computers • Assist with document access and version control in TEAMS and SOE website
• Ensure all materials have been received from attending schools
• Communicate with attending school personnel regarding field trip preparation
• Work with SOE staff to train daily volunteers • Conduct daily field trip activities
• Collaborate with other SOE staff to determine site needs
• Maintain accurate forms needed for teacher preparation and for the daily activities
• Know and implement safety procedures
• Other duties as assigned
• Elementary, middle, or high school teaching certification
• Experience teaching in group setting
• Ability to create a culture of learning for students
• Excellent management and prioritization skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, and meet deadlines
School of Economics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical handicap, mental handicap, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetics, or other categories protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, School of Economics complies with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations for nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall
Send Cover letter and resume to School of Economics Executive Director, Jamie Batschke at email@example.com
Job Type: Part Time