Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Reading Middle-School Specialist
Genesis School, Inc. has an available Reading Specialist teaching position for the 2021 – 2022 school year. This is a full-time position Monday through Friday. Below is a list of competencies that we are seeking for performance of this position. If you are interested in this position, please email Gina Ross your resume with two reference letters and a copy of your current Missouri teaching certificate.
The Reading Specialist is responsible for providing strategies and support to increase the reading skills of all students.
- Hold or be eligible for Missouri Teacher Certification in Reading Specialist/K-12.
- Master’s Degree in Reading preferred.
Length of Contract: Full-Time
Reports to: Building Principal
- Implement the District and building reading improvement plans with administrators, staff members, students and parents
- Use individual student assessment data to construct appropriate reading improvement plans for qualifying individual students
- Supervise, assist in and document the progress of individual student reading improvement plans
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to identify and implement specific strategies to improve the reading performance of all students
- Assist administrators in the coordination of standardized testing
- Assist administrators in reviewing building assessment data to recommend and support grade level reading improvement goals
- Assist administrators in reviewing assessment data to recommend and assist in building level professional development which support identified reading improvement goals
- Work with administrators and instructional staff to identify the resource and educational needs of the school’s parents to support reading
- Coordinate parent education reading improvement activities
- Administer and analyze all appropriate reading assessments
- Design lessons that illustrate a variety of methodology that will enhance reading skills
- Participate in district and state professional development as appropriate including all Reading First training
- Work in classrooms during the reading instruction time, assisting classroom teachers in working with children needing additional one-on-one or small-group help
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the building principal or Director of Curriculum Instruction
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- One years teaching experience in an urban public school or charter school setting preferred.
- Valid State Certification. Belief in and alignment with Genesis School’s core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.
If you are an individual that has good work ethics, believe in putting kids first and want to be a part of a winning team Genesis School is the place for you! To apply please call 816-245-5167 with your questions or email resume, cover letter, two reference letters, and your current certification for the state of Missouri to Gina Ross in Human Resources at email@example.com
- Our website is:
As an equal opportunity employer, Genesis School hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.
If you are interested please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions please call Gina Ross @ 816-245-5167
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999