Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Site Supervisors-Before and After School Y Club
Create and manage your very own after-school program to impact Kansas City youth! Join our Before & After School Y Club Family as a Site Supervisor! The YMCA serves thousands of families a year by providing safe, fun, and engaging after-school programs for their children. Site Supervisors are responsible for the creation, implementation, operation, and management of one elementary age curriculum. In this role, you have the opportunity to put your personal flair on sharing and implementing the YMCA’s youth development focus areas of Global Inclusion, Healthy Living, Physical Fitness, and Character Development.
Under the supervision of the Program Director or Multi-Site Coordinator, the Site Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of one Before and After School program and up to three associates. The Site Supervisor ensures the safety and well-being of each child in the program at all times while incorporating themes reflective of YMCA Core Values and Mission. This position must maintain maximum cordial relationships with the parents or guardians of the children and the administration of the building where the site is located; implements operations involving safety, nutrition, hygiene, scheduling, tuition, discipline, curriculum, planning, programming, collection of child care payments, record-keeping, and site maintenance.
The Site Supervisor is responsible for continued compliance with the child care licensing regulations including the attainment of Program Director Certification through the State of Kansas.
Contribute to the overall YMCA mission of healthy living, youth development and social responsibility.
- Insures the safety and wellbeing of the children by operating the program in a safe and purposeful manner.
- Manages associate-to-child ratios within licensing standards and according to Y policies for site coverage.
- Follows up and reports on absent children to ensure the child’s safety.
- Maintains accurate attendance, and sign-in/sign-out records, including the daily required sign-in/out sheet with parent or guardian’s signature
- Ensures that the program meets or exceeds all licensing and Y guidelines.
- Implements a system for supervision specific to their site structure (playground, bathrooms, etc.) to insure children are never left unattended or placed at risk.
- Monitors equipment and facilities for safety and security purposes and addresses concerns promptly.
- Completes all state licensing, financial, and Y reports in an accurate and timely manner and critical incident reports within 24-hours.
- Communicates important program concerns and information to supervisors.
- Prepares weekly/monthly activity plans and snack menus according to educational and environmental standards established by state licensing and the Y.
- Maintains financial records and monitors bi-weekly fee payment process for site, including accounts receivables.
- Collects bi-weekly fee and turns checks in to Program Director on a regular basis as needed for receipting.
- Be prompt and dependable to work scheduled hours.
- Monitors hours, submits adjustment forms, and reports associate absences in an accurate and timely manner.
- Distributes a professional site newsletter and calendar on a monthly basis.
- Completes supply and equipment requests accurately and in a timely manner.
- Organizes and meets Inspire [Together] site goal and actively recruits at least one parent volunteer from the program to assist with meeting the goal.
- Attends all mandatory associate in-service and training events and maintains training requirements for licensing.
- Attends all Site Supervisor meetings- unless absence is previously approved by Program Director and communicates relevant information to site associates.
- Associate’s degree, either in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Child Development, Psychology, or a related field or sufficient college coursework/credits and a minimum of six months experience in order to meet state licensing requirements for Director Approval at the capacity of the site.
- Qualifications to obtain a Program Director’s approval, in the state of Kansas or Missouri, holding a license for the capacity of the site.
- Minimum of six months experience in an after-school or equivalent setting working with school age children.
- Experience in understanding and applying the principles of school-age development and programming.
- Relationship building and leadership skills in working with families, building administrators and associates, state licensing representatives, and Y associates.
- Sensitivity to clientele and associates representing a variety of family, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Active involvement with and supervision of children requiring physical stamina, alertness, and emotional stability.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Commitment and desire to provide quality school age programming at all levels.
- Knowledge of state licensing standards and commitment to adhere to said standards.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999