Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Teacher, Early Childhood
Teacher, Early Childhood
- FREE FAMILY MEMBERSHIP!
- 50% TUITION DISCOUNT!
- $13.00 to $15.50 per Hour
A Child Development Center teacher is responsible for the academic, social-emotional growth and development of all children in his or her care. He/she will develop partnerships with families to engage and encourage parent participation in the program.
About The Child Development Center
The Child Development Center (CDC) at The J offers families of children ages 12 months through five years both full- and part-time care. We are accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and have been providing outstanding child care for more than 80 years.
The CDC at The J provides a secure environment designed with child-appropriate equipment and décor, enabling children of all faiths and cultures to learn and grow to their full potential.
The curriculum, based in Jewish traditions and values, is designed to promote self-esteem, independence, cooperative skills and the ability to problem-solve. Children thrive in our warm, vibrant environment. In addition to our curriculum, children are encouraged to participate in age-appropriate activities like American Red Cross swimming lessons and enrichment classes including cooking, art, science, and more. The J welcomes members, students and employees of all faiths.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability
- Paid time off and holidays
- 50% discount on CDC tuition
- Free family membership ($1,400 value)
- 403(b) contribution and match
- Shabbat-Observant Friendly
This full time benefited position requires a degree (CDA/AA/BA/BS/MA) in Early Childhood Education or a related subject area.
- Create a classroom environment that promotes learning through open-ended activities, materials, and an intriguing environment.
- Develop weekly plans, and implement an age appropriate curriculum to nurture and stimulate all domains of the children’s development.
- Maintain both NAEYC and KDHE requirements in classrooms at all times.
- Cultivate and maintain a positive relationship with parents through formal and informal communication on a daily, weekly, monthly basis.
- Foster and develop relationships with other teaching team members, including co-teachers.
- Have a knowledge and understanding of the Creative Curriculum and the components required for a center-based classroom. Perform on-going evaluation based on the Teaching Strategies Gold Assessment tool.
- Plan periodic parent teacher conference to discuss each child’s development progress, needs, and goals.
- Gear the program towards the needs of individual children taking into account interests, challenges, talents, and individual learning styles.
- Assist with the supervision of afternoon staff or volunteers in the classroom.
- Maintain positive communication with Administrative Team members.
- Attend training and professional development opportunities as assigned.
About The J
The J is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The J is Shabbat-Observant Friendly.
The mission of The J is to build a strong, vibrant and inclusive community that enhances wellness, meaning and joy based on Jewish values, heritage and culture.
The J operates on these values:
- Welcoming + Inclusive - We are welcoming, inclusive and nurturing. We invite all to join us in making connections and lifelong friendships.
- Building Community - We believe in the strength of community and we seek to cultivate a sense of belonging in all we do.
- Enriching Mind + Body + Soul - We help individuals live a physically, intellectually, and emotionally healthy lifestyle.
- Passing on Jewish Culture + History - We celebrate and pass on the values, culture, history, and traditions of the Jewish people.
- Treat Others As You Wish To Be Treated - We treat everyone with respect, dignity and loving kindness.
Job Type: Full Time