Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Want to make a difference in the lives of students in Kansas City? Apply today to be a teacher resident with the Kansas City Teacher Residency. To apply, go to KCTEACH.ORG/APPLY and fill out the application online.
Kansas City Teacher Residency
The Kansas City Teacher Residency is a teacher preparation and development program. We believe that the best way to improve educational equity throughout our city is to increase the number of excellent teachers in our schools. Using a nationally proven model that emphasizes mentorship, hands-on experience, and intensive coaching, KCTR helps passionate individuals transform into incredible teachers that are changing the lives of students in Kansas City.
Year 1 (Teaching Resident)
- Gain over 1,200 hours of classroom experience with a Mentor Teacher
- Receive weekly observations and feedback from a KCTR Instructional Coach
- Attend Seminar and Methods courses to count toward Master’s Degree
- Earn a State of Missouri teacher certification
Years 2-4 (Resident Graduate)
- Complete a Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instructional Leadership from UMKC in Year 2
- Receive job placement support from KCTR
- Become a teacher of record in a partner school
- Continue to receive coaching, support, and leadership opportunities from KCTR
- Undergraduate College Degree
- Minimum 2.75 GPA
- Commitment to four years in Kansas City
- Passion for educational equity
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- All majors and backgrounds are eligible to apply
- Gradual release of responsibilities
- Mentor teacher partnership
- Job placement support
- MO teacher certification
- Master’s Degree
- Access to two education grants
- Coaching and feedback
- Living stipend
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Quality professional development
**TO APPLY, GO TO KCTEACH.ORG/APPLY AND FILL OUT THE APPLICATION ONLINE**
Job Type: Full Time