Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
THE BARSTOW SCHOOL - SCHOOL COUNSELOR
The Barstow School is seeking to hire a School Counselor to provide a full range of counseling services to students grades PS-12. The qualified candidate will:
- Work with students to attain an optimum level of personal and social adjustment within the classroom and individually.
- Provide individual counseling and group sessions to help students cope effectively with personal, social, academic, and family concerns.
- Identify students with special needs and make appropriate recommendations and referrals.
- Implement an effective referral and follow-up process.
- Work with grade level deans, and Middle and Lower School teachers to organize and implement grade advisee programs.
- Coordinate the Services for Students with Disabilities for the College Board (AP, PSAT, SAT) and ACT tests.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates should have a minimum of a master degree in school counseling with experience preferred.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and a Barstow employment application to Shane Foster, President at email@example.com.
ABOUT THE BARSTOW SCHOOL
Located in Kansas City, Missouri and founded in 1884, The Barstow School is a co-educational school where students in preschool through twelfth grade develop in a challenging educational community. As originally stated by Mary Louise Barstow, the objective of the school remains “to promote sound scholarship and to give symmetrical development to mind, body and character.”
The Barstow School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law in the administration of its educational and admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, or athletic and other school-administered programs.
This policy of nondiscrimination governs the hiring of employees as well and includes the administration of all benefits and policies throughout the term of employment.
Job Type: Full Time