Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Upper Room KC Early Learning Center Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the administration of the Early Learning program, including program design and management, oversight of record-keeping and monitoring systems, and development of community partnerships. Works in collaboration with the Director of Educational Programs, administrative team, and program consultants to deliver quality early childhood services. Must meet requirements per any local, state, and or agency policies and procedures.
· Reach and maintain licensing, MO-AEYC, and NAEYC standards and regulations.
· Provide orientation to new employees.
· Plan and schedule administrative duties.
· Communicate with staff through a variety of methods including but not limited to the following: face-to-face, Friday Notes, emails, newsletters, phone, walkie-talkie, and speaker.
· Maintain accurate record-keeping.
· Manage classroom scheduling.
· Annually, review and/or revise the Employee Handbook in conjunction with Human Resources.
· Conduct disaster drills in accordance with state licensing requirement.
· Provide information to appropriate staff.
· Maintain a building inventory of equipment.
· Develop and implement an annual professional development plan/calendar.
· Provide support to the teachers in the areas of curriculum and assessment.
· Maintain accurate faculty and employee files.
· Oversee the implementation of a researched curriculum and an on-going assessment.
· Review lesson plans weekly and provide feedback as needed to the teachers.
· Conduct classroom observations for monitoring and coaching purposes.
· Promote active participation by families through training, parent activities, and, communication with the parent representative to the Board of Directors.
· Review weekly and monthly reports.
· Review children’s portfolios regularly.
· Develop and maintain community relations.
· Create monthly newsletters focusing on events, curriculum, and all domain areas.
· Work in conjunction with outside agencies to promote collaboration and services.
· Perform other duties as requested.
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to the Early Learning Center’s policies and procedures on confidentiality.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to determine and prioritize workload while being flexible to emergent/unplanned needs and situations.
- Significant decision making and problem-solving in the allocation of resources to program components, supervisory issues, scheduling, and provision of program services.
- Ability to handle highly stressful and sensitive situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to interpret and implement complex policies and regulations.
- Ability to work independently and maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality.
- Strong organization and time management skills, ability to meet tight deadlines.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Occasional substituting in the classrooms.
- Performs 0ther duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a BA, BS in Early Childhood Education, or a related field, and a minimum of five years of professional leadership/management and supervisory experience preferably in education.
- Significant experience in administration, including balancing regulatory requirements with budget constraints and growing community needs.
- Strong knowledge of theories and practices of Early Childhood Education/Development and Family/Social Services.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999