Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Vice President, Global Division
University of the Sciences seeks a motivated, forward-thinking founding Vice President to lead the new Global Division of the University.
The University: University of the Sciences has prepared students to be leaders and practitioners in the healthcare and science fields for nearly 200 years. Key to its distinctive education is a tradition of hands-on research and experiential learning that is evident in every graduate who has walked its campus. Since its founding in 1821 as Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, the first college of pharmacy in North America, USciences has grown to more than 30 degree-granting programs from bachelor’s through doctoral degrees in the health sciences, bench sciences, and healthcare business and policy fields. USciences students are proven everywhere they go.
The Vice President: The University of the Sciences in Philadelphia is seeking a founding Vice President to lead the new Global Division of the University – “USciences Global”. This Division will be responsible for delivering fully online Baccalaureate, Graduate and Certificate programs beginning in the 2019-2020 academic year. The Vice President, Global Division will report directly to the President.
- Development and maintenance of both the general education curriculum and the curriculum for all academic majors;
- Achieving and maintaining accreditation for programs (as appropriate);
- Recruitment of full- and part-time (adjunct) faculty and USciences Global staff;
- Oversight of academic operations within USciences Global;
- Working in a matrixed environment with the Offices of Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, Enrollment Management and Financial Aid as well as other USciences departments providing critical infrastructure and support; and
- Development and nurturing of meaningful relationships with those external constituents and organizations essential to the success of USciences Global.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in business, higher education, or a related field is required. Preference given to candidates with doctoral or terminal degree;
- Demonstrated progressive leadership roles in higher education;
- Experienced in the development and delivery of fully online programs; and
- Experience in leading the development of new academic initiatives.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Facility in online educational content development and delivery in non-profit or for-profit environments is essential;
- Understanding of applicant “lead” generation and associated marketing strategies;
- Experience in selecting academic programs for market testing;
- Knowledge of curriculum development and pedagogy;
- Familiarity with the online educational marketplace;
- Collaborative and entrepreneurial approach; and
- Ability to manage and organize multiple priorities.
Compensation: USciences recognizes that attracting and retaining outstanding faculty and staff is critical to maintaining our academic standards of excellence. Toward that end, we offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits. These benefits represent an important component of a faculty or staff member's total compensation. Compensation will correspond to the experience and credentials of the candidate, and will reflect the leadership responsibilities of the position. Reasonable relocation assistance will be provided.
Nominations & Applications: EFL Associates (https://eflassociates.cbiz.com/), an executive search firm, is assisting University of the Sciences with its search for this key roll. All calls and inquiries should be made through the search firm. Nominations and applications will be held in strict confidence and candidates will remain confidential until the final stage of the search, at which time the express permission of finalists will be obtained before making their candidacy public. In addition, no contact to references will be made without prior approval of the candidate
For more information about this opportunity, please review the Position Profile. If the direct link doesn’t work in this advertisement, please go to our website at https://eflassociates.cbiz.com/ and click on Open Positions and Higher Education.
Applications should include:
- A letter of introduction outlining the applicant’s background, and qualifications for the position. (This letter should specifically address the leadership attributes and professional competencies for this position.)
- Curriculum vitae/résumé.
- Contact information (e-mail addresses are required) for five professional references, at least one of which is a person who has reported directly to you, a second who is a colleague, and a third who is an individual to whom the applicant has reported directly. Please note that references will not be contacted until further in the search process with prior approval by the applicant.
- All candidate materials should be submitted electronically as PDF documents through the following website: http://eflassociates.peopleadmin.com/postings/1239
- The ideal start date is summer 2019. USciences will consider delayed relocation for the extraordinary candidate.
- Application deadline is March 15, 2019.
Nominations & Confidential Inquiries can be directed to:
Steve Waldron, J.D.
Managing Director, Higher Education Practice
Direct Line: 816-945-5423
Cell Phone: 913-669-8554
Nominations & Application Questions can be directed to:
Ms. Angela Lilje
Practice & Project Manager, Higher Education Practice
Direct Line: 816-945-5410
USciences is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity. USciences does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected status, in employment or other programs.
Job Type (optional):
Salary Range (optional):