Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Recycling Center Manager (Temp)
|Job title||Recycling Center Manager|
|Reports to||Community Recycling Program Manager|
|Status||(Temporary- at least through Oct 22) Full-time non-exempt|
The (temporary) Recycling Center Manager will be the primary contact at the Community Recycling Center, leading the public in recycling procedures, managing, training, and preparing volunteers, providing educational and informational resources to the recycling community, and keeping contamination of the drop-off containers below 2%.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Open, close, and staff the center as defined in the City contract
- Provide direction and instruction to residents regarding their recyclables
- Monitor recycling material containers to remove undesirable material and maximize capacity
- Check in, train, and manage volunteers
- Prepare brief reports and daily worksheet as needed
- Follow all safety protocols and alert the Recycling Program Manger to new safety issues
- Represent BTG and maintain positive interactions with the public and project partners
- Participate in BTG all staff events and meetings as required
- Other job-related duties as requested and subject to reasonable accommodation
- Ability to manage and oversee the operations of one of three community recycling centers Wednesday through Saturday.
- Provide excellent customer service skills, outgoing, welcoming, and helpful presence
- Have broad environmental knowledge is helpful, but commitment to helping citizens live more environmentally sensitive lives and eagerness to learn how to do this is most important
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Able to assist patrons in transferring recycling containers weighing up to 40 pounds from cars to recycling collection bins
- Reliable transportation to and from recycling center sites
- Must have a phone that can receive texts and take photos
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to speak and read English
- Basic Computer skills
- Must maintain an up-to-date Covid 19 vaccination status
- Working outside in extremes of heat, cold, wind, and rain
- Assist patrons in transferring recycling containers from cars to recycling collection bins
- Must be able to move containers weighing up to 30 pounds to a height of 52 inches many times per day
- Must be able to navigate a step 12 inches high
- Must have the dexterity to separate small and thin materials
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time on asphalt or concrete
Salary & Benefits
Starting pay range: $17.50-$18.00/hour
Paid holidays and sick time. Disability Insurance.
Bridging The Gap is an equal opportunity employer and understands the value of having a team with a diversity of experiences and perspectives to optimize our potential for compassion, collaboration, creativity, and excellence in service. BTG encourages people from all backgrounds to apply.
Job Type: Full Time