Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Director of Events & Volunteers
Metro Lutheran Ministry
3031 Holmes, Kansas City, Missouri 64109
Metro Lutheran Ministry (MLM), one of the greater Kansas City area's leading social services providers, seeks an energetic, dynamic individual to serve in the role of Director of Events & Volunteers.
Job Definition and Qualifications
The Director of Events & Volunters is responsible for marketing, communications, special events and outreach activities, including planning and implementation of special events, outreach and volunteer service events; Volunteer recruitment and coordination for MLM programs, events, and activities. The Events & Volunteer Director is responsible for maintaining, nurturing, and growing the events and volunteer activities which support the mission of MLM.
Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required
Experience: Demonstrated success in the field of nonprofit event planning and volunteer development and coordination, or other qualifying experience and training.
Skills: Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite preferred. Excellent organizational, planning, time management and administrative skills. Attention to detail, ability to work in a team setting. Must be able to perform activities that require lifting and bending. Some evenings and weekends will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage responsibilities associated with special event planning, creation and implementation, in conjunction with the VP/Assistant Executive Director, Executive Director, and volunteer committees. Primary annual fundraising special events & outreach events include: 3B/Munch Madness hunger campaign, Gala & Auction, Annual Christmas Store, Heritage Society Luncheon, Sack Lunch Program, Garden/Orchard opening day and workdays, Saturday Breakfast Program, and Market Monday mobile food pantry events.
- Nurture and develop in-kind and financial donors for special events and volunteer outreach events and activities, including silent auction items and corporate sponsorships, Christmas Store items, and other event/activity sponsors.
- Recruit and develop Volunteers for events and outreach activities; Organize volunteer groups and manage volunteer relationships; Lead volunteer and event committees.
- Manage Volunteer events and activities, including Market Monday, Sack Lunch Program, Saturday Breakfast program, Christmas Store, and others.
- Create newsletter articles and oversee social media & website communications, in conjunction with the Executive Assistant and VP.
- Use Raiser’s Edge donor database for e-communication.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MLM offers a competitive salary and benefits package. This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position. Benefits include 100% employer paid health, life, dental, vision, LTD/STD, and employer-matched 403b retirement plan. Additional benefits include partial paid family health, dental, and vision, as well as a generous paid time off and holiday package. Salary range DOQ.
Applications must be submitted via the MLM Application Portal, located HERE
Metro Lutheran Ministry is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full Time