Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Divisional Events Manager
The Divisional Events Manager performs a variety of duties to support the development and implementation of the Kansas City metro and divisional events strategy, while supporting a marketing culture within the organization and the successful planning and execution of special events.
*With your application, please attach a cover letter, to include what makes you a phenomenal candidate and why you want to be part of the development team at The Salvation Army, as well as your salary requirements, and 2 writing samples. *
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of the position. Other job related responsibilities and tasks may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
• Provide leadership in the planning, coordination, and/or evaluations of fund raising events, including, the annual Civic Luncheon, Radiothon, Rock the Red Kettle, CEO Bellringing, and as assigned
• Lead event coordination committees / represent Salvation Army as primary event liaison
• Work to ID event/Christmas Leadership in coordination with Divisional Director of Development
• Responds to inquiries from the public about events, including assisting with media requests
• Works with development representatives on the development and implementation of an annual special events calendar that ensures the efforts, resources and volunteer time are utilized in a manner that provides the greatest return to the organization
• Ensures all events are planned to capture the attention of the intended audience and the media
• Manages the production of each event ensuring all appropriate sponsorships targets are achieved and all details are managed in a creative, timely and cost efficient manner
• Creates and manages special event revenue and expense budgets, and is responsible for adhering to approved targets and budgets
• Oversight/coordination with other department revenue and PR generating events (ie, food truck/EDS event, Plaza Lighting, or as assigned)
• Provides input on stewardship strategies to ensure seamless transition between fundraising events and stewardship activities
• Responsible for all communications and networking in support of special events, and assists with development of new opportunities to build community awareness
• Serve as trainer/advisor for Corps, programs and Service Extension in event management
• Visible to Greater Kansas City Advisory Board
• Create and promote a positive work environment through teamwork mentality and creative problem-solving
• Represent Salvation Army in civic groups as assigned
• Make presentations on Salvation Army matter before religious, civic and funding groups
The requirements listed below are representative of the minimal education, experience, certifications, skills, and/or abilities required for this position.
Education: BA in Community Relations, Marketing, Hospitality or bachelors in related field
Experience: 2-4 years of event management, strong organizational skills including ability to think strategically, prioritize multiple tasks, and manage projects; Demonstrated ability to work with minimal direction and effectively operate in an environment of frequent change, limited definition and changing priorities; Demonstrated ability to develop and foster team work and an environment of cooperation and collaboration; Excellent written and oral communication skills
Skills/Abilities: Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work harmoniously as part of a team within a culturally diverse environment, project management software experience preferred
Must possess a valid driver's license from the state in which you reside. Must be approved through The Salvation Army Fleet Safety Program to drive either a Salvation Army or personal vehicle on Salvation Army business.
The position requires sitting; climbing and/or balancing; stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching, crouching and/or crawling; standing; walking; manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; use of vision; driving a vehicle; pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying 25 pounds; traveling by airplane; both outdoor and indoor navigation of settings, and standing and/or walking up to 12 hours per day.
Travel: Occasional travel up to 1 week/month
Working Conditions: Daily work is performed in a typical office environment; may require some weekend and evening work. Event work may include hotels, indoor/outdoor venues, Corps Community Centers, and other public venues.