Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy
We are looking for a successful and enthusiastic event planner to organize outstanding and unforgettable events from conception through to completion. HBHA’s event coordinator will be responsible for every aspect of event preparations.
As the Event Coordinator, you should be well-organized and possess a sound knowledge of vendor management. Excellent communication and attention to detail skills are vital in this role. You will structure events, coordinate all moving parts, and make sure everyone is having a good time.
- Coordinate event logistics and services, including technology and equipment needed to run the event, catering, invitee list, special guests, transportation, lodging, promotional material, and more, while managing all project delivery elements within time limits
- Outline the scope of the event, including time, date, location, etc.
- Negotiate and manage vendors, exhibitors, and volunteers during the event planning process to determine the best fit for the event.
- Manage all event set-up, tear down, and follow-up processes.
- Maintain event budgets.
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality
- Specify staff requirements and coordinate their activities
- Cooperate with marketing to promote and publicize events
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- Conduct pre- and post – event evaluations and report on outcomes
- Identify event opportunities and generate interest
- Well-organized with excellent multi-tasking abilities.
- Outstanding vendor management skills.
- Proven experience as an events planner or organizer
- Excellent time management, strong communication, and interpersonal skills
- Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Adept at not only solving problems but maintaining your composure when doing so
- Must be able to work alongside other people and adjust your actions to theirs.
- MS Office proficiency
- Willing to submit references from previous clients
- BS in Event Management, Hospitality Management, or related field preferred
Job Type: Part Time
Salary Range: Up to $29,999