Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Event Coordinator, NACD Heartland Chapter
The Heartland Chapter of the National Association of Corporate Directors Board seeks a highly organized and focused event management professional to serve as the association’s full-time Event Coordinator. The position, which is offered on an independent contract basis, supports the Heartland NACD Board and its Programming and Membership Engagement Committees in developing and producing high-caliber membership and education events.
The National Association of Corporate Directors is the premier not-for-profit membership organization dedicated to the development and education of corporate board directors. The Heartland Chapter provides local educational programming and networking opportunities to its members, with a service area comprised of Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska and Iowa.
The Event Coordinator plays a key role in successfully implementing virtual and in-person professional panel events and networking events for the Heartland Chapter of National Association of Corporate Directors. Although most events occur in Kansas City or virtually, events can be held in St. Louis; Des Moines, Iowa; Omaha, Nebraska; and Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Reporting to the NACD Heartland Chapter Executive Administrator, this position directly supports the Programming and Membership Engagement Committees in planning, implementing and evaluating events by maintaining an event calendar and planning schedules; developing marketing communications and invitations; coordinating expectations with panelists and sponsors; managing event logistics; monitoring participant registration; compiling post-event evaluations and tracking expenses to budget associated with events.
The event coordinator must be a self-starter, detail-oriented, highly organized, deadline-focused and have the ability to communicate in a clear and professional manner with senior executives and corporate directors.
The Heartland Chapter of NACD does not maintain an office, this is a virtual role. The candidate must supply their own laptop and provide an environment for frequent virtual and phone meetings. When in-person meetings resume, travel to local events can begin as early as 7:00 a.m. or end as late as 9:00 p.m., with occasional overnight travel.
In addition, the Event Coordinator:
- Supports the Programming and Membership Engagement Committees in the development of an annual event calendar. Develops detailed work-back schedules that support the accomplishment of each event. Communicates responsibilities to individual committee/sponsors/panelists and conducts individual event meetings with appropriate members of the Programming and Membership Engagement committee.
- For in-person events, works with hosting sites, food providers, and tech teams to reserve, coordinate, and evaluate locations. Negotiates contracts to ensure effective use of budget.
- For virtual events, administers webinars or virtual round table meetings, choosing the appropriate hosting platform for the event.
- Prepares marketing information for the event consistent with NACD national brand standards. Creates invitation list from NACD national database and monitors registration.
- Is responsible for all aspects of event delivery, including event set-up and room layout, meal coordination, technology coordination, attendee roster, panelist greeting and directions, group seating, name tags, meeting materials, meeting evaluations, post meeting assignment of NACD credits to Heartland Chapter members and meeting cleanup.
- Coordinates travel, accommodations, transportation and meals for out-of-town presenters.
- Timely prepares event-related Power Point slides on behalf of the NACD Heartland Chapter and coordinates the integration of panelist presentations.
- Maintains an inventory of marketing and event materials, equipment, supplies, and collateral and manages shipping of the same for out-of-town events.
- Assists in the drafting, creation, and generation of reports, metrics, and documents on behalf of the Programming and Membership Engagement Committees
- Processes, logs, and analyzes participant and event data
- Willingness to provide excellent service to NACD members, sponsors and panelists
- Able to quickly adapt or evolve in response to changing circumstances
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple projects while meeting deadlines, performing assignments accurately, and maintaining positive relationships
- Outstanding communications skills, with the ability to work diplomatically and effectively with all parties.
- Able to recognize when activities of one committee may impact other committee(s) and use judgment to timely facilitate communications across committees, as needed.
- Able to exercise good judgment and decision making while maintaining discretion.
- Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s degree preferred) plus 5 years’ experience in business event coordination or educational support. Will consider an equivalent combination of education and experience. Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) designation preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that will include early mornings and late evenings during local events. Able to travel overnight 4 to 6 times per year.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook). Experienced hosting virtual meetings and virtual webinars. Comfortable using (or learning) other virtual tools such as MS Teams, Cisco WebEx if required with joint programs with our partner organizations.
- Ability to lift, carry, push and pull up to 30 lbs. of meeting materials for events, and up to 50 lbs. of such materials with assistance. The position requires physical agility and the ability to exhibit a high level of energy for sustained periods.
Application Procedure; Deadline
This position will remain open until filled; however, applications received by EOB, December 4, 2020, will receive priority consideration.
Apply by email to: NACDEventCoord@hcapsearch.com
Attach to the e-mail in PDF format only:
- Letter of application
- Resumé, detailing measurable success in the areas of key qualifications for the position
- List of five professional references we may contact
Job Type: Full Time