Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Event & Engagement Specialist
Jewish Federation of Greater Kansas City seeks a connector and detail-oriented event planner who thrives on creating and stewarding relationships from the point of initial outreach through regular, ongoing engagement, while also creating seamless events that drive positive feedback and community interest.
The Event and Engagement Specialist will report to the Director of Strategic Marketing and Events, and will be supported by marketing staff and administrative personnel. This position involves researching, planning, coordinating and executing events for the Jewish Federation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbents may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- In partnership with Federation colleagues, organizes and executes engagement and financial resource development events for various target constituent groups, including but not limited to the Young Adult Division
- Identifies, recruits, and motivates community members to actively participate in Jewish Federation programs, seeing these programs as part of a continuum of meaningful and complementary offerings
- Documents interactions and manages constituent profiles in CRM system
- Takes on a portfolio of constituents for stewardship and financial resource development conversations
- Research and secure venues, talent, caterers, A/V and/or transportation services, floral, gifts and books, and other event-related needs, gathering fresh ideas for upcoming and future programming
- Meet with event vendors to negotiate best rates and build a portfolio of regular partners
- Coordinate venue, menu, registration, name tags, floor plans, table set-ups, signage, awards, seating, program
- Coordinate setup and tear down, including staffing of these functions
- Create and maintain event checklist for all events
- Secure limited inventory of snacks, water and soda used for meetings; replenish as necessary
- Ability to cultivate relationships with volunteers that result in leadership and financial commitment to Jewish Federation
- Strong emotional intelligence, communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a leader and as part of a team
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of volunteer/professional dynamics and ability to respectfully hold others accountable
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Capacity to manage and organize information confidentially
- Proficient in Windows environment, including MS Teams, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Flexibility to work evenings and Sundays as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of the Jewish community, customs and traditions
- Understanding of, appreciation and passion for the mission of Jewish Federation of Greater Kansas City
- 2-3 years experience with event planning in a professional role, even if not event-specific
This is a full-time, exempt position; evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
PTO including additional paid holidays, Medical, Dental, Life, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, 401(k) and Cafeteria program.
Opportunities for overnight travel for professional development; occasional daytime travel within the Kansas City metro area for events.
About Jewish Federation
Jewish Federation of Greater Kansas City is the heart of the Kansas City Jewish community. We build community by bringing people together, strengthening Jewish identity, developing leaders and inspiring generosity in order to fulfill our mission of sustaining and enhancing Jewish life at home and around the world. We ensure a healthy, vibrant Jewish community now and into the future.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999,$50,000 - 74,999