Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Please apply at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1148890/Catholic-Charities-of-Northeast-Kansas-INC/Events-Coordinator
Catholic Charities of NE KS offers great benefits including:
*11 paid holidays plus 1 week off at Christmas *Vacation, sick & floating holidays
*Company paid life and STD *Medical, dental, vision, and Retirement benefits
*Work/life balance with an ability to make a positive impact on others
*A fun, mission focused & collaborative team environment
Do you have a passion for working on behalf of those most in need? Join our team! We are looking for dynamic, talented, and experienced professionals who are seeking work in a rewarding environment. Check us out at www.catholiccharitiesks.org
Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic. We embrace the broadest definition of neighbor and the characteristics that make them unique, including age, gender, race, ethnicity, social-economic status, education, immigration status, national origin, language, family or marital status, political affiliation, disability and religious beliefs. EEO
POSITION SUMMARY:Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings, while working to support the fundraising efforts of the organization. Provides support in the planning and execution of events that provide significant financial support for the agency and its’ mission. This position works closely with the Event Consultant who oversees three premier events for the agency; Snow Ball, the Golf Classic and The Gathering. Catholic Charities is an EEO employer.
- Support the Development Department by managing tactical aspects of all events including Snow Ball, The Golf Classic, The Gathering, any other agency fundraising events and other agency events.
- Provide leadership for the agency’s largest annual fundraising event, the Snow Ball.
- Lead the Snow Ball Volunteer Table Committee and Young Professionals Group.
- Plan and execute parish parties supporting the annual Snow Ball event.
- Support pre-Snow Ball events including annual St. Martin of Tours Mass & Reception, kick-off events, committee meetings, receptions, and post-event wrap up.
- Provide on-site event support, execution and leadership in partnership with Development Team.
- Support the gift solicitation process (letter printing, assembly, mailing, etc.) and weekly communication to various committees for all events.
- Work with venues for all fundraising events and plan & execute logistics accordingly in partnership with those sites.
- Secure and manage rental orders, on-site acceptance, and verification of order accuracy.
- Secure raffle prizes, hole prizes, recognition pieces and any other fundraising collateral for all fundraising events.
- Prepare nametags, folders, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, and other materials as needed.
- Supervise a Development/ Administrative Support Specialist.
- Provide support to the Event Consultant by assisting with donor/volunteer management, solicitation, cultivation and communication.
- Lead the on-going Cars donation program through the development of marketing campaigns, logistics, and financial reporting, invoicing and donor engagement.
- Collaborate with the volunteer committee to plan and execute annual women’s event, The Gathering. Responsibilities include venue scouting, vendor management, rental procurement, volunteer management, on-site event support for setting up the event and tear down.
- Support Events & Marketing Teams on joint projects.
- Support agency events hosted by Development, Marketing, Community Engagement and Volunteer teams.
- Draft written content for marketing fundraising events, including programs, invitations, donor development mailers, website updates and pre & post event e-blasts.
- Track annual event revenues, expenses, and attendance. Initiate Check Requests as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of event planning or project management experience.
- Preserve the ethical standards of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas and the development profession.
- Effective communication skills: written, verbal, non-verbal, presentation, and consensus building. Ability to listen and take direction.
- Relationship Manager with the ability to foster new relationships and cultivate current constituents.
- Self-starter and ability to work well independently and with diverse individuals and groups.
- High motivation for success coupled with diplomacy, tact, excellent organizational, project management, and customer relations skills. Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, relationship building, as well as creative and critical thinking skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Willingness to work during evenings and weekends as needed.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
- Must have the physical ability to make visits to a variety of event venues, office locations and environments across the 21-county footprint
- Must have physical ability to effectively communicate with others
- Must have the physical ability and appropriate licensure for driving
Job Type: Full Time