Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Manager of Live Events - KCUR & Classical KC
Events are a critical component of Kansas City Public Media’s effort to cultivate and bring diverse audiences together and encourage face-to-face discussion and dialogue.
Kansas City Public Media (KCUR & Classical KC) is seeking a full time Manager of Live Events to work with staff and external partners to develop, plan and manage live experiences; produce in-person events aligned with KCUR’s newsroom, Classical KC, community engagement, development and collaborations; and create much-needed “spaces” for civic engagement throughout the Kansas City metropolitan area.
This person will have an enthusiastic and collaborative approach to producing events. Must have the ability to multi-task and work on diverse projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment; remain calm during the demands of events; a demonstrated ability to take direction and work collaboratively with various departments and personalities; and enthusiasm for the role of public media in a changing journalism environment.
KCUR 89.3 is the NPR affiliate in Kansas City and is an editorially-independent community service of the University of Missouri-Kansas City.
Classical KC 91.9 champions music as a vital community resource by sharing programming that reflects and illuminates our broader world.
- Initiate, market, manage and execute the production of live events that are consistent with KCUR and Classical KC’s mission, with specific focus on content initiatives, collaborations, and community engagement activities.
- Work with reporters, editors, talk show hosts and producers to translate KCUR content into compelling live experiences. Develop strategies to connect to new audiences through new KCUR events.
- Maintain calendar, coordinate and support all events across the organization, including KCUR’s newsroom, talk shows, music programs, and Classical KC’s programming, and also development and community engagement.
- Develop and implement marketing plans for all events, including RadioActive, major donor and membership events.
- Support implementation of other KCUR and Classical KC marketing initiatives.
- Manage Generation Listen KC, KCUR’s young friends group.
- Work with hosts, reporters and producers to create audio and text promos for events.
- Work with the Director of Community Engagement to cultivate relationships withindividual, community, and organizational partners through live events.
- Work with KCUR and Classical KC’s development department to manage donor events.
- Coordinate volunteer participation in membership drives and cultivation events.
- Contribute event-related content to the websites and social media platforms for both stations, including audio, text, extended interviews, photos, etc.
- Recruit potential sources and guests through KCUR and Classical KC events.
- Participate in all assigned fund-raising and outreach activities, on air and off.
- May oversee the work of interns.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position reports to the Director of Programming and Community Engagement.
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary
- Two to three years’ experience in large-scale events, preferably within public media.
- Successful candidates will have previous experience with volunteer management, as well as proven management of large-scale events.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to take imitative and work with minimal supervision and to lead in a team setting.
- Experience with virtual event platforms such as Zoom.
Salary range starts at $47,476, and is commensurate with experience, education, and internal equity.
How to ApplyKCUR 89.3 is the NPR affiliate in Kansas City and is an editorially independent community service of the University of Missouri - Kansas City. Please apply online at UMKC's website: https://info.umkc.edu/hr/careers/ Select "Staff Position," then "View Jobs," then "View All Jobs." Review of applications will begin immediately. This posting will remain open until filled.
Job Type: Full Time