Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Position Objective or Description:
The American Association of School Personnel Administrators (AASPA) is seeking a Meetings Coordinator to provide support to the Director of Meetings and Events and assist in performing the meeting functions of the association. The person in this position will also be assigned a variety of administrative and general office duties. A successful candidate will have a high level of proficiency and accuracy.
AASPA has a small staff that works very closely as a team. Individuals who work with us must be able to maintain a calm, professional demeanor in the face of competing demands and external pressures, be highly adaptable and flexible with the ability to thrive in a small staff environment and demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills. We are seeking someone who will work full time, with some travel required. AASPA maintains office hours of 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. Candidates must provide exceptional customer service to AASPA members and meeting attendees.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to execute each requirement satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability needed for the position.
- Possess an Associate’s Degree, Undergraduate degree, or comparable professional training
- Experience serving in an Assistant role is strongly preferred
- Must possess experience successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working in cross-functional teams and collaborating with external vendors
- Effectively prioritize work and meet deadlines; organized; follow assignments through to completion; respond quickly to requests for information and assistance
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in setting priorities
- Superior communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, and Google Drive are required. Database experience preferred
- Bookkeeping and/or finance experience is a plus
Position Duties for Meeting Coordinator
- Serves as the primary entry point for AASPA meetings, handling incoming calls, member inquiries and data base entry
- Supports the Director of Meetings & Events with event planning logistics
- Process event registration forms
- Follow-up on outstanding event invoices
- Works with the Marketing Coordinator to assist and develop event marketing including print, email and social media
- Create and manage event registration in database
- Assist Marketing Coordinator with Webinars
- Helps coordinate event shipments, including preparing supplies and shipping in a timely manner
- Provides onsite management of registration desk and volunteers at Annual Conference
Other Duties Required
- Assists with general office support as needed
- Answers phones as back-up
Salary is based on education and experience ($34,000 - $37,000 annually). Individual health insurance, paid vacation, sick leave and liberal holidays provided. Dental insurance, vision insurance, tuition reimbursement and company matching 403B plan available.
Please email resume to email@example.com
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999