Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Outreach and Event Coordinator
Job Title: Outreach and Event Coordinator
Organization: Kansas Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics (KAAP)
Location: Remote – Candidate must reside in the state of Kansas
About Us: The Kansas Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics (KAAP) envisions a world where all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults can achieve their full potential in terms of physical, mental, emotional, and social health. Together with like-minded individuals and by supporting our members, we commit our expertise and efforts to the fundamental goal that all children and youth can grow up safe and strong, with unwavering faith in the future and in themselves.
KAAP’s membership is comprised of 450 pediatricians in the state, all of whom specialize in the care of children. We support our members in meeting the healthcare needs of children through training, peer-to-peer connection, education, quality improvement, and special projects. Additionally, we unite our members to speak in one voice as advocates for children and their families. Collectively, we make a positive impact within Kansas.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented Outreach and Event Coordinator to join our team and help us make a lasting difference in Kansas. This role will focus on planning and executing a series of outreach events in collaboration with partner organizations, with a particular emphasis on re-enrollment in Medicaid for children affected by the Medicaid Unwinding process. 
Position Overview: As an Outreach and Event Coordinator, you will bring together KAAP members and state partners to increase awareness about and support families with re-enrolling and enrolling in Medicaid. Responsibilities will include cultivating partnerships to implement community awareness and enrollment events, provide individualized assistance to pediatricians as they help families with re-enrollment/enrollment, organize a monthly webinar to provide peer-to-peer learning, and coordinate a Medicaid Unwinding social media campaign. A secondary component to this position is providing logistical support and assistance with awarding continuing medical education to KAAP-sponsored webinars, training, and conferences.
- Partner Collaboration: Identify, establish, and maintain strong relationships with partner organizations and KAAP members interested in hosting community awareness and enrollment events.
- Event Planning and Execution: Coordinate with partners to plan and manage promotional and logistical arrangements for community events.
- Technical Assistance and Problem-solving: Help pediatricians identify solutions or find resources to help their families/patients with Medicaid re-enrollment and enrollment, as needed.
- Educational Webinars: Plan and host peer-to-peer learning webinars to educate KAAP members and other medical providers about the Medicaid unwinding process.
- Social Media: Partner with KAAP’s marketing consultant to executive a social media campaign to promote the community awareness events and increase awareness of the Medicaid Unwinding process.
- Represent KAAP: Attend the Kansas Helper Stakeholder Group calls and other meetings related to Medicaid Unwinding, as well as other groups as appropriate.
- Program Reporting: Regularly furnish written and verbal updates on the progress of the project activities.
- Additional Event Coordination: Lead logistical and support promotional activities for KAAP in-person and virtual continuing educational and training events. Assist with the Continuing Medical Education (CME) programming administered by KAAP.
- A self-motivated, capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong service orientation and professional demeanor.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for collaborating with partner organizations.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Preferred experience in managing in-person community, professional education, or similar events from inception to conclusion.
- Ability to travel to multiple communities in Kansas, approximately 20 events in 2024.
How to Apply: If you are passionate about making a meaningful impact on the lives of children and families in Kansas, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use "Outreach and Event Coordinator Application" as the subject line in your email.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999