Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Chief Development and Communications Officer
Please include a cover letter and resume in your application.
The Chief Development and Communications Officer (CDCO) serves as a critical leadership team member and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting Vibrant Health. The CDCO ensures that Vibrant Health has a comprehensive fundraising and communications strategy that positions it as an essential community resource, a leader in its field, and a worthy investment for potential funders. The CDCO helps represent the organization to the community, the media, and funders. The successful candidate will design and implement a comprehensive plan for developing key external alliances by cultivating individual and philanthropic support. The CDCO reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and participates in top-level management conversations. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who thrives in a fast paced environment and is interested in joining innovative professionals as they work to create large-scale change in our community.
- Establish and implement the infrastructure needed to increase revenue by soliciting major gifts, special events, and corporate and foundation support.
- Set and deliver on fundraising targets in collaboration with the CEO and the Board.
- Serve as the lead fundraiser for a portfolio of priority donors and prospects – principally foundations and high-net-worth individuals – and feed the prospect pipeline regularly.
- Deploy the CEO, Board of Directors, and other resource people for donor cultivation and solicitation.
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors.
- Partner with the other members of the leadership team to ensure accurate acknowledgment, recording, and reporting to funding sources.
- Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analysis to board and senior leaders.
- Protect the integrity of the organization’s brand, programs, and services by overseeing the funder selection process and declining to fund from sources that would compromise the organization's values or strategic priorities.
Communications & Marketing Responsibilities
- Provide communications support within the organization to ensure the development of top-quality collateral.
- In consultation with the CEO, ensure that a robust external marketing and communications plan is in place, including strategy, messaging, materials, platforms, and communications policies for staff, board, and contractors.
- Develop and refine the organization’s "core" messages to ensure organizational consistency.
- Collaborate with the CEO and other members of the leadership team to develop communications strategies that will broaden program and service reach and deepen the impact of health education and advocacy campaigns.
- Identify significant health policy issues where the organization can contribute thought leadership and create and implement plans to act accordingly.
- Develop visibility through appropriate outlets, earning coverage for the organization in the press and new media.
- Serve as executive editor for the organization's website.
- Oversee response to inquiries about the organization.
- Support the CEO in building the board over time to support the organization as it grows.
- Liaise with the Governance & Nominating Committee and work closely with them to recruit, onboard, and activate new members.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience preferred.
- A minimum of seven years of nonprofit fundraising experience, with a strong preference for experience at the director level or above.
- Substantial experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to produce thoughtful and nuanced communications.
- Deep knowledge of fundraising best practices and a history of success with significant foundations and major gift donors.
- Track record of success in developing communications vehicles, working with the media, and shaping organizations’ communications identity.
- Standout abilities as a written and verbal communicator, with an approach tailored to diverse audiences and experience creating top-quality development collateral.
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take the initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- High energy and passion for Vibrant Health’s mission are essential.
- Collaborative and flexible style, with a learning orientation and team approach.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $100,000 and over