Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Director Of Operations
Healing House, Inc.
Posted 04/14/19Healing House
Purpose, Parameters, Qualifications, Activities and Performance Indicators
For the position of
Director of Operations (DOO)
- Purpose of Position: To oversee and successfully maintain all of the operations and procedures of Healing House including HR, services, facility management and financial management. Direct department heads in creating a working budget. Oversee vendor contracts and make sure the organization is compliant with legal and government regulations.
- Position Parameters: Reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience.
- Five (5) plus years of experience in non-profit (preferred) administration and supervision.
- Experience in and an understanding of financial management including budgeting, evaluating income statements and balance sheets, ethical money management, endowments, etc. Ability to communicate pertinent information to the executive director and to the board of directors
- A working understanding of human resource management and the aspects that go into a positive work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that translate well in working with all aspects of the organization including staff, consumers, Board, donors, community organizations.
- The ability to work effectively as a team player.
- Job Activities and Responsibilities
- Design and implement organizational strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth of staff
- Implement and update the strategic plan for assigned areas.
- Develop and administer the budget
- Establish policies that promote both the organization and vision.
- Oversee daily operations in Budget and Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Facilities Management and Records Management.
- Write and submit reports to the Board
- Assist Executive Director and Development Director in fundraising ventures
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances, etc.)
- Work with the Executive Director to ensure the organization remains financially sustainable.
- Work will be performed at the Healing House office; some evening and weekend hours are required.
- Other duties as assigned or necessary to fulfill the responsibilities and/or expectations of the position.
ADA CHECKLIST FOR PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES & REQUIREMENTS, VISUAL ACUITY, AND WORKING CONDITIONS OF THE POSITION
Title: Director of Operations (DOO)
1. The physical activity of this position. (Please check all that apply)
X A. Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word, those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
X B. Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make the discriminations in sound.
X C. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
2. The physical requirements of this position.
X A. Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
3. The visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision.
X A. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
4. The conditions the worker will be subject to in this position. (Please check all that apply)
X A. The worker is subject to outside environmental conditions. No effective protection from the weather, except when going to meetings
X B. The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
X C. None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work.)
Board President’s Signature Date
DOO’s Signature Date
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to act as a contract, nor contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Job Type (optional):
Salary Range (optional):