Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
The Lawrence Community Shelter in Lawrence, KS seeks to hire a dynamic and talented Executive Director to lead the Shelter.
To apply, please submit resume, cover letter, and three references by June 21, 2019 to email@example.com with the subject line: Executive Director Applicant.
Executive Director Job Description
Executive Director empowers the Douglas County community to meaningfully support a safe and healthy emergency shelter with a focus on reducing extended trauma among shelter guests through the use of shared expectations and activities. Executive Director partners with the Board of Directors to govern the organization through effective resource management, meaningful policy adoption, and enthusiastic community engagement.
INTENDED EFFECT ON END RESULTS:
- Ensure a fully resourced, safe, secure and efficient facility and program 24 hours a day.
- Support the residents’ successful transition out of shelter.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES:Fundraising and Fiscal Oversight
- Oversee all fundraising efforts to generate at least $600,000 annually in individual, corporate and foundation giving.
- Develop an appropriate fundraising plan for adoption and action by the Board of Directors.
- Work with the Board of Directors to ensure donors are thanked and connected in ways that get them excited about the Lawrence Community Shelter.
- Identify new donors and new pathways to donors.
- Maintain positive relationship and provide appropriate reporting to critical municipal funders: Douglas County Government and the City of Lawrence.
- Meet with people on a regular basis and ask for contributions.
- Oversee day to day financial management.
- Review financial reports from the accounting firm and ask critical questions in conjunction with the Board Treasurer.
- Ensure processes are in place to provide accountability to stakeholders.
- Share the success of the Lawrence Community Shelter with the community.
- Respond to all media inquiries in a way that is consistent with the mission of the shelter.
- Cultivate new partnerships throughout the community to strengthen fundraising and service delivery.
- Provide high quality communication to stakeholders, staff, clients and community.
- Working with the Partnership Director, ensure partnership agreements are being well executed.
- Working with the Board Chair, set the board meetings and agenda.
- Assist Board members in the ongoing recruitment of future Board Leaders.
- Communicate and regular and meaningful ways with the Board of Directors.
- Implement Strategic Plan in partnership with Board of Directors.
- Meet regularly with the Management Team.
- Support Members of the management team in addressing client needs.
- Ensure staff are comfortable with the laws and expectations of their role so that the shelter is compliant on federal, state and local regulations.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- The successful candidate shall possess equivalent life experience or a B.A. Degree in Human Services or related field; or a High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years community based social services experience or other related experience with homeless adults, mentally ill or substance abusers.
- Requirements include at least two years of non-event fundraising work.
- Requirements include the ability to interact and communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing.
Please include your salary requirements with your application. Salary will be negotiated and will be commensurate with experience.