Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Lazarus Ministries is a faith based nonprofit housed within Linwood United Church. Through our cornerstone program, Lazarus Table, we have been providing FREE weekend meals served restaurant style to the homeless and hungry for over 22 years. Over time, outreach programs have grown to also include: Lazarus Boutique, SMILE Dental Extraction Clinic and a partnership with Sojourner Clinic. We recently moved from downtown and after re-establishing ourselves within the mid-town community we are seeking new leadership that can take Lazarus Ministries into the next phase of meaningful outreach.
The Executive Director is responsible for leading and directing the primary management, administrative, and programmatic operations of the organization and has key responsibility for fund raising, finance and HR. The Executive Director works closely with the Board of Directors to develop and maintain the organization’s vision and strategies, implements policies and directives. This position directly supervises both the program and administrative operations and activities of the organization and plays a significant role in implementing many of these activities. Serves as chief spokesperson for the organization and actively engages and energizes the staff, volunteers, Board members, funders and strategic partners.
- Demonstrated success in a leadership role within a comparable organization of size and scope
- Demonstrated success with fundraising efforts, building partnerships with a variety of stakeholders, funding sources and both volunteers and donors
- Demonstrated success with general management functions and strong financial acumen
- Degree in Nonprofit Management, Social Work or related field. Bachelors required, Master’s preferred.
- Superior communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a detail-oriented, fast paced environment
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel. Raiser’s Edge knowledge a plus
The ED’s role is a scheduled 40+ hours with the expectation that the director be available for evening meetings with volunteers/donors and Saturday programming, as needed, to meet and greet volunteers and interact with weekend staff.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
E-mail resume, cover letter (used as a writing sample) and 2-3 references (will not contact references until you are notified that you've been selected as a candidate) as attachments to Jessica Brooks-Bryon at email@example.com. Candidates selected for interview will reiceve an e-mail with additional information.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999