Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
OMNI is honored to be retained by Midtown KC Now (MKCN) in their search for their next Executive Director.
Formerly known as MainCor, Midtown KC Now (MKCN) is the champion and leading community partner working to
support commercial, mixed use and residential progress and effective and responsible community, economic and
aesthetic development to create and encourage the vitality of Midtown.
Reporting to a highly respected Board of Directors, the incumbent will have overall strategic and operational
responsibility for staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. This role is responsible for overseeing the management and improvement of the Main Street and Broadway Community Districts and working with their
Executive Boards and related organizations regularly. The Executive Director is also responsible for developing new
opportunities for revenue to the benefit of MKCN when in line with its mission and values.
- Develop and build strong community relationships with a broad array of stakeholders
- Ensure ongoing excellence of Community Improvement District (CID) “safe and clean” programs; contracted management services; and grant-supported programs
- Identify opportunities for potential growth and building partnerships for new opportunities
- Oversee all communications, financial and administrative managements and develop effective systems to track progress and growth
- Oversee the expansion of local revenue generating and fundraising activities in support existing
- program operations and potential expansion
- Identify opportunities for potential growth and lead strategic business planning activities required to accomplish goals for new endeavors
- Demonstrated success effectively leading a similar size or larger performance and outcomes-based non-profit organization within the community and/or economic development industry
- Success working with a Board of Directors and multiple committees with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience
- Possess a proven knowledge/passion for urban planning/development issues and strategies. Experience with Community Improvement District is a plus
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with governmental and other agencies, community leaders, and the general public
- Ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Job Type: Full Time