Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
The MALA Board of Directors is a seeking an Executive Director to lead the Mid-America Library Alliance (MALA), a non-profit library support organization that operates a regional courier service and provides continuing education and training to the library community. The successful candidate will:
- Grow the business in both in courier services and continuing education opportunities; a strong business/finance background is essential.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial skills by exploring new revenue sources and creatively expanding service opportunities both within the library community and outside of it.
- Expand the training and professional development capacity of the organization by forming partnerships, collaborating with other entities, and developing new markets.
- Engage the membership by establishing strong working relationships, problem-solving, communication, and great customer service.
Job Title: Executive Director
Hiring Manager: MALA Board of Directors
Work Schedule: Full time, 40 hours minimum, Monday-Friday
Office Location: 15624 E.US Hwy 24, Independence, MO 64050
Pay Range: $70,000 - $80,000 per year
Benefits: Paid Life & STD insurance; PTO; generous TIAA retirement match; health insurance stipend
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree (MBA, MPA or MLS) preferred
- Proven business/entrepreneurial acumen
- Budget management, project management and planning experience
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Successful grant writing skills
- Marketing, sales and communications competence
- Technical skills, including Microsoft Suite proficiency
- Team focus and employee-centered management style
- Business development
- Oversight of a multi-state courier service
- Recruitment, development and team-building of full-time employees and part-time couriers
- Board and Council management
- Oversight and development of Continuing Education
- Frequent communications and networking with member libraries
- Financial oversight and grant writing
- Marketing and sales
Please send resume, cover letter and three professional references to:
Hiring Manager at Mid-America Library Alliance
NO phone calls, please.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999,$75,000 - 99,999